Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2016, 07:57 PM
Transgender Bathrooms?
I have been in bathrooms with straight, gay, and bi cis and trans men & women. Almost every combination. I have had more trouble with perverted genetic men than with others, from peeking under stalls to offering me blowjobs. One female coworker, a straight woman, would use the bathroom after hours with the stall door open even though she knew I wanted to see her naked. But she trusted enough to know I wouldn't look because we're adults.

I for one don't care who is in there. As long as I can expel what needs out, I'm fine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-04-2016, 08:05 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
It's a non issue on my radar. I don't personally give a shit who wants to shit where I shit, and I can't seem to empathize with those who do, whether it be the transphobes or the transgender people themselves. If they want to fight this fight, great. My brain pretty much goes into hibernation when the issue pops up on the radio.

I just go to the most accessible hole in the ground that won't get me arrested.

'Murican Canadian
23-04-2016, 08:23 PM
(23-04-2016 04:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I just shit in the street. If anyone looks at me funny, I simply say "Cancer patient". They nod and walk away. Wink

Dude, you are my hero. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
23-04-2016, 08:51 PM
(23-04-2016 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I have no idea why someone would cut a toilet tank lid (maybe I don't get the joke?). I can't see beating a person for being different; never did, never could. I've used the women's room (no one else around, anyway) and my wife and/or children have used other sex bathrooms, especially if the kids were little or the wife was pregnant. Anybody coming to the door of said restroom would see me standing there with an explanation. They've all been pretty good about it, by and large.
Cutting lines may have something to do with a white powdery substance that was extremely popular in the 80s.

Are you saying you didn't have a blade in your wallet back then?

Oh. Cocaine. Gasp Well, I never! Truly. I worked in defense my whole "career". I know dick about drugs. I've demonstrated that elsewhere, here. Tongue FWIW, I had very little money in said wallet, in those days. I was so broke I couldn't afford a six-pack of beer in a given week. Kept me clean the hard way, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-04-2016, 09:02 PM
(23-04-2016 08:51 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-04-2016 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Cutting lines may have something to do with a white powdery substance that was extremely popular in the 80s.

Are you saying you didn't have a blade in your wallet back then?

Oh. Cocaine. Gasp Well, I never! Truly. I worked in defense my whole "career". I know dick about drugs. I've demonstrated that elsewhere, here. Tongue FWIW, I had very little money in said wallet, in those days. I was so broke I couldn't afford a six-pack of beer in a given week. Kept me clean the hard way, I guess.

I didn't know what pot smelled like until after working in a Canadian detention centre Tongue

'Murican Canadian
23-04-2016, 10:33 PM
The idea of male only and female only bathrooms is stupid anyway. You can put the urinals down the side so they're not in your face as soon as you walk in. And we've all shared a bathroom with the opposite gender at some point at home. I've had female flatmates (I have one now in fact) for example.

Sure you get perverts but really? You have car crashes on the road, doesn't stop us from driving. I don't know what kind of scungy bathrooms you attended but I've never come across a pervert in one. They're rare. And following the same logic, would it not be better if a women (or anyone for that matter) was being attacked that the person to walk through the door next a big guy than a tiny old lady?
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
24-04-2016, 04:49 AM
To my way of thinking, unisex toilets are the obvious way to go. A lot of public toilets in Australia, and particularly in rural areas, are already unisex, and there's been no reports of any increase in illegal sexual activities or assaults.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
24-04-2016, 06:35 AM
(23-04-2016 02:51 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  I'm conflicted on this topic.

At first I don't feel that this should be a real issue. The US has a population of 319 mill. 700k of which identify as transgender. That makes a very tiny tiny percentage of the population. less then .2%. Is there a real calling for a new restroom to be added?

On the other hand I've been in unisex bathrooms before. Mostly at bars. The one's with just one toilet and urinal. There mostly a pain in the ass because you have to wait forever to get into, and when you do it usually a cesspool. But you go in do your business and go back to drinking. The last thing I try to think of is how many asses have been on that seat. Not a big deal.

So is it this a big deal? Is this something that will fade into absurdity given time?

[Image: 0394985702.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

I'm just confused as to why the arguments isn't for unisex bathrooms. It's not like we're gonna be asking folks what gender they identify with, prior to using the bathroom. So shouldn't we just be advocating that people should be able use whatever bathroom they choose?

Would the women here have an issues with heterosexuals males using their restrooms? Or vice versa.

I don't care one way or the other. It's doesn't bother me if some transgender individuals uses the same bathroom I do, I mean I just gotta pee. And sometimes I've seen woman use the mens' bathroom because their's was full. Other than some odd stares, I don't think anyone really minded either.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-04-2016, 06:37 AM
There's just no excuse for this prejudice law. It's sad as fuck that the people responsible for this are so moronic and stupid. It's fucking bullshit. I talk with transgender people a lot, in lgbt chat rooms, or transgender chat rooms, it's so sad that this tiny minority group of .2 percent of the population of the united states (those numbers could be higher) is so marginalized. All because of some fucking assholes who have no respect for transgender people. I just feel like, the world is so filled with closed minded assholes - probably there's someone entrenched in religion behind this - there's nothing you can do to change their minds. You can't stop people from having these sanctimonious beliefs. It makes me so sick and sad for transgender people.

And what arguments do people ever use against transgender people? They say, oh it's a mental illness, oh it's perverted; what the fuck do you know about anything, red neck prick? I suppose now you have a degree in biology and you understand what causes people to be transgender on a neurological level? No! You just take your vague understanding of gender and biology and generalize people. It's inexcusable, but an inescapable truth, that idiots in power will always become bigoted hate mongers. I wish we could somehow escape this nasty depressing truth about the human race.
24-04-2016, 06:43 AM
I've always found the oddities around people's elimination habits somewhat amusing.................

Consider -- it's just a bodily function -----

And some bodily functions, we make a purposeful, public spectacle out of - to maximize our enjoyment of them........

No??

What do you call going to a restaurant and eating in public?????

The only difference between eating and shitting in public - is input, or output.

One we think is elegant - one distasteful.

They're just different ends of the same GI tract...........

Ain't logic a motherfucker to deal with???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post