Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 08:00 AM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(24-04-2016 07:55 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I don't personally have any chips in this debate, but feel the need to play devil's advocate for a moment just to point out what I'm presently perceiving as a bit of hypocrisy...

So to clarify, let me get this straight. A biological woman who identifies as a woman is uncomfortable with the idea of a biological man who identifies as a woman using the same bathroom is just being intolerant and should get over it. Okay, fine. But following that rationality, if a biological man who identifies as a woman is uncomfortable using a bathroom with biological men, why is the same solution not for them to just get over it? Are they worried about being gazed at or experiencing sexual assault or any of the other things that the other side of the debate is being criticized for using in their argument? The way I see it, if we're going to be consistent, then either both sides have a valid point and a compromise is needed that doesn't irrationally label one side as intolerant and the other side as being in need of special protection when both essentially have the same perceived problem, or both sides are full of shit and have a common need to just get over it.

That said, I'm going with the idea that unisex restrooms designed as such are the ideal solution to this ridiculous problem that shouldn't actually be a problem.
Since when has transgender people sexually assaulting men women and children in bathrooms ever been an issue? It's nothing but a bunch of people who are scared of the idea of a man being a woman creating bigoted laws. Nothing more.

Fair enough. But again my point is consistency. I don't personally give a shit if a transgendered person uses a female designated restroom. I'm merely pointing out that it's difficult to argue for having a need to do so without exhibiting the same irrational fears themselves.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Can't help it...this potty paranoia make me think of this dude...

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-04-2016, 08:08 AM
I like how no one ever mentions that this effects female to male transgender people too, as people who are "biologically female" are effected by this too. I think that generally people are more revolted by the idea of a man trying to be a woman.

I personally wish we lived in a world where people were more androgynous and didn't have gender stereotypes and guys and girls shared more traits. Except that sort of negates transgender people when I say it like that, but I'm putting aside whether or not what I say is politically correct.
24-04-2016, 08:14 AM
I think we should outlaw agriculture. That's what started this gender mess.

'Murican Canadian
24-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Fuck it. No public restrooms for anyone. A porta-john on every street corner. Fuck the lines. If the electorate won't just shut up and let a couple of folks shit comfortably, none of them get to. If they don't want to play nice, take their fucking toys away.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-04-2016, 08:16 AM
I see two solutions...

1. Nobody can use the bathroom except in their home.

B. Diapers for everyone.

Dodgy

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-04-2016, 08:20 AM
(24-04-2016 08:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I think we should outlaw agriculture. That's what started this gender mess.
This "gender mess"? You're saying the food we eat started this? That's not even funny man, and what do you mean "this gender mess"? No, this "gender mess" has been around for millenniums. Transgender people have been around ever since the dawn of man. If you don't know anything about other people's genders, that's fine. But don't go around acting like you have any authority over it at all, acting like you're above other people's identities.
24-04-2016, 08:22 AM
(24-04-2016 08:20 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 08:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I think we should outlaw agriculture. That's what started this gender mess.
This "gender mess"? You're saying the food we eat started this? That's not even funny man, and what do you mean "this gender mess"? No, this "gender mess" has been around for millennium. Transgender people have been around ever since the dawn of man. If you don't know anything about other people's genders, that's fine. But don't go around acting like you have any authority over it at all, acting like you're above other people's identities.

Sarcasm...it is sarcasm. Mittens meet yakherder...yak meet mittens.

24-04-2016, 08:23 AM
Okay sorry. It's just not a funny joke. At all.
24-04-2016, 08:25 AM
(24-04-2016 08:20 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  
This "gender mess"? You're saying the food we eat started this? That's not even funny man, and what do you mean "this gender mess"? No, this "gender mess" has been around for millennium. Transgender people have been around ever since the dawn of man. If you don't know anything about other people's genders, that's fine. But don't go around acting like you have any authority over it at all, acting like you're above other people's identities.

No, I'm saying the cultural adaptations that became inevitable as we transitioned from nomadic, egalitarian societies to property based societies in which everything from the land we invested in to a woman's reproductive capacity had to be carefully managed started this.

'Murican Canadian