Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 08:29 AM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(24-04-2016 08:08 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  I'm putting aside whether or not what I say is politically correct.

If you stick around long enough, you will quickly discover that I know no other way Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
24-04-2016, 11:51 AM
This is very similar to the issues raised when gays were first coming out.

Gay teachers would rape students. Gay soldiers would rape other soldiers. Etc.

The argument is bullshit. It will just take people time to realize that it is bullshit.

Once the coming out movement was underway, and people realized that they knew gay people and that the stereotypes and fears were wrong, the stigma and stereotypes eased.

It may take longer with the transgendered movement, since the numbers of transgendered persons are smaller. But it does have the advantage of the headway made by the previous movements.

As far as unisex or individual bathrooms, those present two difficulties: finance and space. Three sets of bathrooms (unisex, male, female) or individual, would both cost a great deal more and take up more physical space. I don't see either choice as practical.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
24-04-2016, 11:58 AM
(24-04-2016 07:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:34 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's always been happening...people just didn't have their super-sensitivity detectors turned up to 11.

The criminals are going to use whatever they can to perform criminal acts...that's not new. The truly trans people just want to use the damn bathroom and not be noticed...just like the rest of us do.

The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 trans people get to feel free and safe using the restroom of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense.

Lets look at your words from a different marginalized group:

"The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 black people get to feel free and safe using the restroom, water fountain or bus seat of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense."

See how that works. Look familiar... not pretty, huh?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
24-04-2016, 12:08 PM
(24-04-2016 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 trans people get to feel free and safe using the restroom of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense.

Lets look at your words from a different marginalized group:

"The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 black people get to feel free and safe using the restroom, water fountain or bus seat of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense."

Not even close to the same thing. As I said before, I don't mind REAL trans people using a restroom. I believe the concern is perverts abusing the privilege like in the article I linked to earlier. Any old wacko can walk into a woman's locker room at the gym and jump in the shower with the women. Someone calls the cops and his defense is "I identify as a woman." There's no way to prove he's lying. It's traumatic for the women involved. There could be underage girls like at the pool locker room in the story I linked.

A restroom or locker room is a place where people, especially women and children need to feel safe.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Nonsense. If you're going to use the "I identify as a woman defense", you need to do that full time. The idea that law enforcement has no means of weeding out frauds and perverts is ridiculous. I'm no expert but I strongly suspect people who are really trans have a history of being trans. People who are perverted opportunists are going to get found out pretty quickly. Is it possible some freak could use the idea of using the bathroom you identify with to get his or her jollies off? Sure, it's possible. But, it's improbable. At least, it's improbable that someone will do it because of this.

This isn't about protecting people. It's about fighting that uncomfortable feeling many people get from transgender people and reinforcing the feelings of religious people that they still have the right to shit on people they find morally reprehensible. And, I suspect you know this, Helmet.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
24-04-2016, 12:35 PM
(24-04-2016 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lets look at your words from a different marginalized group:

Makes no sense."

Not even close to the same thing. As I said before, I don't mind REAL trans people using a restroom. I believe the concern is perverts abusing the privilege like in the article I linked to earlier. Any old wacko can walk into a woman's locker room at the gym and jump in the shower with the women. Someone calls the cops and his defense is "I identify as a woman." There's no way to prove he's lying. It's traumatic for the women involved. There could be underage girls like at the pool locker room in the story I linked.

A restroom or locker room is a place where people, especially women and children need to feel safe.

It's exactly the same thing and that you deny it SO telling.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
24-04-2016, 12:39 PM
(24-04-2016 12:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Not even close to the same thing. As I said before, I don't mind REAL trans people using a restroom. I believe the concern is perverts abusing the privilege like in the article I linked to earlier. Any old wacko can walk into a woman's locker room at the gym and jump in the shower with the women. Someone calls the cops and his defense is "I identify as a woman." There's no way to prove he's lying. It's traumatic for the women involved. There could be underage girls like at the pool locker room in the story I linked.

It's exactly the same thing and that you deny it SO telling.

Racism is wrong.

People can't choose their skin color.

We're letting people CHOOSE their sex ("identify") irregardless of their sexual organs. It's not the same thing.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
24-04-2016, 12:41 PM
You think people are really choosing to be societal pariahs? The amount of prejudice and violence these people face is a pretty good argument that they are not "choosing" anything.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
24-04-2016, 12:43 PM
(24-04-2016 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lets look at your words from a different marginalized group:

Makes no sense."

That's why I suggested having only 2 types of bathrooms. Women and unisex (we'd just take down the "mens room" signs and replace them with unisex). To use the women's, you must have a vagina, but everyone can use unisex, problem solved.
24-04-2016, 12:46 PM
(24-04-2016 12:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  It's exactly the same thing and that you deny it SO telling.

Racism is wrong.

People can't choose their skin color.

We're letting people CHOOSE their sex ("identify") irregardless of their sexual organs. It's not the same thing.

Yeah, but people don't really get to choose their desires, especially when it comes to sexuality. You can't really choose to be gay or straight can you? I imagine that the desire to be a different gender is much the same.