Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 12:49 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(24-04-2016 12:41 PM)BnW Wrote:  You think people are really choosing to be societal pariahs? The amount of prejudice and violence these people face is a pretty good argument that they are not "choosing" anything.

My point is that one is mental, the other is not.

The easiest way to describe it would be to say that a restroom has nothing to do with gender, only sex. If you are of the male sex, you use the male restroom, even if you identify as the female gender. I would consider someone who has gone through surgery to change the sex organs to be more than just "identifying." The North Carolina law goes too far as it says you must use the restroom based on your birth sex, even if you've gone through surgery. I disagree with that.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Are you sure it's mental? I suspect it's biological. Mental implies it can be "cured". I suspect it's more about how you're brain is assembled.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
24-04-2016, 01:06 PM
(24-04-2016 08:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Fuck it. No public restrooms for anyone. A porta-john on every street corner.

This is San Francisco's solution. Don't really work for stools though.
[Image: pee_1.jpg]

#sigh
24-04-2016, 02:14 PM
(24-04-2016 12:08 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 11:58 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Lets look at your words from a different marginalized group:

"The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 black people get to feel free and safe using the restroom, water fountain or bus seat of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense."

See how that works. Look familiar... not pretty, huh?

Not even close to the same thing. As I said before, I don't mind REAL trans people using a restroom. I believe the concern is perverts abusing the privilege like in the article I linked to earlier. Any old wacko can walk into a woman's locker room at the gym and jump in the shower with the women. Someone calls the cops and his defense is "I identify as a woman." There's no way to prove he's lying. It's traumatic for the women involved. There could be underage girls like at the pool locker room in the story I linked.

A restroom or locker room is a place where people, especially women and children need to feel safe.

Yeah, because there is no chance in hell that a female could be attacked by another female in a woman's restroom or locker room. Nope, no chance of that.

http://pix11.com/2016/04/22/teen-girl-be...ag-trends/

Or maybe there is a slight chance and we should try no bathrooms for anyone.

Take a big swig of reality.

Oh, and your bigotry is showing...I am disappointed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-04-2016, 02:17 PM
(24-04-2016 12:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  Are you sure it's mental? I suspect it's biological. Mental implies it can be "cured".

Why you think that? Manageable yes, curable? The fuck that even mean.

#sigh
24-04-2016, 02:43 PM
(24-04-2016 12:39 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:35 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  It's exactly the same thing and that you deny it SO telling.

Racism is wrong.

People can't choose their skin color.

We're letting people CHOOSE their sex ("identify") irregardless of their sexual organs. It's not the same thing.

No, transgender people do not "choose" their sex. Gender is more than what's between your legs or the XX XY of chromosomes......

http://aebrain.blogspot.com.au/p/transse...ntity.html

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-04-2016, 03:24 PM
(24-04-2016 02:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 12:52 PM)BnW Wrote:  Are you sure it's mental? I suspect it's biological. Mental implies it can be "cured".

Why you think that? Manageable yes, curable? The fuck that even mean.

I think you misunderstood my point. I wasn't trying to say it was "curable". My point is I think it's just how you are, something innate within you, hence biological. Something that is part of who you are is part of who you are, period, whether you wish to deny it or not.

I was taking issue with the idea that it's "mental" which seems to imply it's a condition and you can be talked out of it with therapy or drugs (which I don't believe is the case).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
24-04-2016, 06:03 PM
(24-04-2016 08:23 AM)Mittens Deluxe Wrote:  Okay sorry. It's just not a funny joke. At all.

Yes it is funny.
Learn to laugh dude.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
24-04-2016, 06:30 PM
At this point I think maybe we should just scrap the bill and women can just R.K.O the perverts.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-04-2016, 09:41 PM
[Image: He0mT4U.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post