Transgender Bathrooms?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: Transgender Bathrooms?
(24-04-2016 06:30 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  At this point I think maybe we should just scrap the bill and women can just R.K.O the perverts.

I had to look up "RKO". I didn't used to get out much. Tongue How many women do you think there are that can do that to an attacker?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 04:01 AM
(24-04-2016 06:53 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  My wife and 16 year old daughter have both said the thought of being in a public restroom with someone that is biologically male makes them very uncomfortable (a quick Google search of opinion polls show they are not in the minority in their feelings). That's all I need to know.

So they'd feel more comfortable with this?

[Image: michaelopen-6ce7f93f442d94a2f7e0f827caf4ee96.jpg]

Because that's what the bathroom laws will make happen. Trans-men having to go to the ladies.

Thing is, your wife and daughter will have already gone been in the ladies toilets with trans women and not even realised. And lesbians too.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2016, 04:03 AM
(24-04-2016 07:39 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  The question becomes, do we let .2% of the population cause 50% to be uncomfortable?

700,000 trans people get to feel free and safe using the restroom of their choice, while 150,000,000 now feel unsafe and uncomfortable.

Makes no sense.

No the question is that do you force .2% of the population to suffer physical and sexual abuse and humilation to save a small percentage of the 50% to feel uncomfortable about sharing a bathroom with the .2% which they have already without realising it?
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
25-04-2016, 06:47 AM
(25-04-2016 04:01 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Thing is, your wife and daughter will have already gone been in the ladies toilets with trans women and not even realised. And lesbians too.

Given the extremely small percentage of the population that is trans, that may not be true. In fact, I'd wager that must Americans will never be in a public bathroom with a trans person. The percentages just make it highly unlikely, which makes the whole issue even more ridiculous.

Helmet never said any thing any lesbians, but you bring up a good point. Why is that ok for the wingnuts but trans women are not?

Maybe it's best not to ask that question. We don't want to give them any ideas.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
25-04-2016, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2016 07:07 AM by earmuffs.)
Is the problem of the person making others uncomfortable for being themselves the problem of the person making others uncomfortable, or the people feeling uncomfortable?
When you make laws to protect the people that feel uncomfortable from having to feel uncomfortable at the expense of the people that are making others uncomfortable simply for being themselves you're supporting bigotry.

It's really that simple. Perverts, attacks and all that is a separate issue because when you include the issue of perverts with this trans-people using the bathroom you're being bigoted and sexiest.
They said the same thing about gay people, still do. "perverts" "pedo's" "unnatural" etc.. Homosexuality should be illegal because it's unnatural and they're all perverts. Trans-gender people shouldn't be able to use whatever they want too because they're all a bunch of perverts.

Trans people using the bathroom is one issue. Perverts is a separate issue. Do not confuse the two.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
25-04-2016, 07:06 AM
(25-04-2016 07:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is the problem of the person making others uncomfortable for being themselves the problem of the person making others uncomfortable, or the people feeling uncomfortable?

When you make laws to protect the people that feel uncomfortable from having to feel uncomfortable at the expense of the people that are making others uncomfortable simply for being themselves you're supporting bigotry.

Fucking A! Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
25-04-2016, 07:07 AM
(25-04-2016 07:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is the problem of the person making others uncomfortable for being themselves the problem of the person making others uncomfortable, or the people feeling uncomfortable?

This. All of this.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
25-04-2016, 07:33 AM
(25-04-2016 06:47 AM)BnW Wrote:  Helmet never said any thing any lesbians, but you bring up a good point. Why is that ok for the wingnuts but trans women are not?

Or for that matter trans-men being made to go to the ladies toilets.

My theory is that it is the male republicans worried about potential penis carriers getting too close to their baby makers. But being an instinctual theory they have to rationalise it somehow.

It objectifies cisgendered women, subjugates trans-women and negates trans-men.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
25-04-2016, 08:01 AM
I know I should quit while I'm ahead but it's me so I'm gonna press on.

Well seriously. Just because you're a middle class Christian white women doesn't give you some get out of jail free card when it comes to the age old rule of "build a bridge and get the fuck over it".

Oh you're daughter doesn't feel comfortable using a bathroom because a trans guy just came in that looks like something straight out of Sons of Anarchy? Well, little princess, here's a life lesson for you, sack the fuck up and get the fuck over it.
That goes for everyone, members here included. If you or your daughters don't feel comfortable sharing a bathroom with transgender people, the issue is not transgender people, the issue is you.

I think people see this issue differently compared to gay rights or black civil rights or whatever because those rights don't effect them. "let the gays marry, it doesn't effect me". But when it comes to trans gender people using the bathroom, well, that could effect them or their children. And so people, atheists and "liberals" included, see this differently, they treat it differently. They use arguments that anti-gay marriage people would use against gay marriage. Or racists would use against blacks. "oh, they're all perverts. We have to "protect" people from these perverts." or the big one, "we have to protect our children from these perverts".

Protect. Such a strong word. A word liberals and conservatives can all unite behind. It has a certain connotation about it, brings up images of monsters and evil. Protect against the big mean trans gender people. We have to protect against terrorism, we have health and safety rules to protect ourselves from harm.

What about the transgender people? Who will protect them? Who's more likely to be attacked? a normal women noone has any strong feelings or opinions about, just another ordinary women. Or an effeminate guy dressed in a dress and high heels??
Who needs the protection in this society? I mean really people, who the fuck needs the protection? How many of you women get laughed at, verbally assaulted, talked down too, treated like an inferior in society and in the media etc.. just because you're women. On a daily bases. Fuck you. You don't know what it's like for these people. The struggles they've gone through in their lives. The humiliation, the emotional struggle, the belittling. You don't know fucking shit. And yet you come along and want to deny them this small courtesy just because it makes YOU feel uncomfortable!? Fuck you. Shame on you. Shame on your Big Helmet and anyone else.

It's only partially about picking which bathroom to use. It's also a symbolic thing for a community that has had an extremely raw deal and continues to have an extremely raw deal within society. It's about acceptance and not being discriminated against just because they choose to be themselves and not pretend to be something society wants them to be.
When you understand, that get back to me. Until than, shut you fucking trap. And when that biker looking guy smiles shyly at you in the womens room don't get all offended and run away, simply just smile back and go take a fucking dump just make sure to flush after because you're shit stinks just the same as everyone else's.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
25-04-2016, 08:08 AM
I recall being very sick before my diagnosis. I had to use a toilet asap. The only one available was female. I used it. I said sorry to the girl at the sink afterwards.

Why did I have to say sorry?

It was a genuine emergency.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post