Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2017, 02:08 PM
I'm sitting here now contemplating a new discussion that I can have with this group. I had one totally written just now on the financial markets and people's views on its stability and what their doing with their investments. But I decided to scrap it and ask some questions regarding this topic instead. I hope anyone can chime in. I'm not looking for any sarcasm or ridicule. Just plain vanilla questions and respectful responses.
I spoke with Emma earlier and mentioned to her that I have a very close friend that had a son. Now has a daughter. At first he was very disappointed. Questioned himself and wondered if he did anything wrong as a parent. Over the past 2 years now he has totally accepted it and the entire family support her fully. I'm sure this kind of thing must be the hardest to deal with for the loved ones. But it must be even way harder on the person. I can't possibly imagine how these people feel. I really don't envy any of you. I'm happy, I am what I am, and there is no confusion.
As we saw from yesterday's discussion there can be some confusion and ignorance of many people including myself. My apologizes
I do however believe and nobody can deny this is relatively new for most of us and unfortunately a lot of people judge. No disrespect but you have to admit that it's going to take time for people to get to see this as the norm.
My specific questions and comments are the following:

Are there many guys out there that will date a transgender female? Or visa versa. Myself I don't think I could be with a beautiful woman knowing that she was once a man. Once again I'm not trying to be rude. Maybe you may think I have problems because I think this way. I'd bet many people agree with me. Obviously these people are not gay. I assume this because you want to change your sex. I just don't understand I guess. Or is it being gay? Do you know of many transgender people that are in relationships? Same sex or otherwise. Just curious.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Goosesniper's post
23-03-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know
It would not affect my decision at all. It was a mistake that he or she was she or he to begin with, they have simply corrected the situation.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
23-03-2017, 02:30 PM
I would date a transgender person. I never have, but I wouldn't be against it. For me, I fall in love with the person. People who aren't afraid to live their lives on their own terms and do what makes them happy is quite sexy Wink Also, a transgender male was always instrinsically male to begin with, his body just didn't line up with his interior self. So essentially, imo, as a straight woman I would still have fallen in love with and been attracted to a man.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
23-03-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm happy to answer what questions I can- mostly. Some questions I won't answer, but I won't get mad at the question itself. I can speak with some limited experience on the subject- but not complete inexperience. Since I'm married, I'm not open to a relationship with anyone else.

I'm married to a woman, so I'm essentially in a lesbian relationship. Any outside observers would see nothing different than that. I will refrain from talking about what types of people I'm attracted to, as I don't think that's relevant to anyone else. But I will say, I have been approached/hit on by cis straight men, lesbian women, and trans women. Some in person, and some on the internet. There are people of all kinds who are into trans women.

There are a lot of dudes out there that fetishize trans women. In the trans community, we tend to call them chasers. They are fine as long as they aren't simply out to use a trans woman for sexual pleasure (unless she wants that, whatevs) and would never have a relationship with them. Those dudes often just want to have sex with a girl that has a penis and nothing more. This is speaking from what I've read from other trans women's experiences.

There are straight or bi/pan dudes out there who simply don't care whether a girl is trans, or some for whom that's a turn on but not a fetish.

There are lots of women out there interested in trans women. Lots of other trans women interested in trans women. Lots of trans people are attracted to other trans people, especially because that's someone they can relate to. There are lots of trans women who are only into women, too.

In any case, straight trans women (that is, a trans woman attracted only to men) often have a more difficult time finding guys who aren't insecure about the idea of being with a trans women. Moreover, it's more dangerous for a trans woman to date a guy- because of that stigma, shame, and post-coital regret. It's happens a lot that guys beat or even murder their partner afterward because they feel like they are afraid to be seen as "gay" or something. They feel emasculated after they're no longer um... horny, and then react with anger.

I know that's more than you were asking, just thought I'd offer up some extra info.
[+] 7 users Like Emma's post
23-03-2017, 03:41 PM
My transgender daughter has had a boyfriend for the last two years.

I wanted to add, who you're attracted to and what gender you are are two different things.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 5 users Like dancefortwo's post
23-03-2017, 04:04 PM
(23-03-2017 03:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I wanted to add, who you're attracted to and what gender you are are two different things.

Yeah, I know that. I don't think I implied that at all. That's just silly.

I appreciate both your inputs. Regarding Emma's comment. Very insightful. Thank-you.

I guess living in a larger city would make these decisions more accepted. My friends daughter, very small town. Lots of gossip, not much fish in the sea, very respectable to have the courage to do what he did. I don't know if I could. I think she would have better opportunities in a metro than a small community.

[+] 3 users Like Goosesniper's post
23-03-2017, 04:06 PM
your post was what I have come to expect from you, Emma. Well said.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
23-03-2017, 04:07 PM
I suppose it's not so much getting your mind around it, but getting your wedding tackle into it...

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Quite honestly? Nope. I could never see myself in any sort of sexual relationship with a transgender female.

Casual mateship yes. Different thing entirely.

PS: I'd like to know specifically why you're "curious" to find answers to this. The thought's never occurred to me—why should it for you?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-03-2017, 04:15 PM
(23-03-2017 04:06 PM)skyking Wrote:  your post was what I have come to expect from you

Explain please?