Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 09:44 AM
RE: Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know
(24-03-2017 09:35 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:31 AM)Emma Wrote:  Good god, 24 cups of coffee a day?! Blink

Wow...

But yes, hormones are a crazy roller-coaster ride sometimes. But they are most emotionally wracking when the hormone levels are fluctuating. Once things level out, it's much better.

When you first start hormones, your body starts down the path of a second puberty. And we all know how much fun the first puberty was... The second one isn't all that much easier.

> Emma, please don't take this the wrong way, but I find you very attractive. Shy

Well, I think you're very attractive too. I LOVE your long silver hair. That big ol staff is pretty cool too. Yes

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
24-03-2017, 09:46 AM
Its an interesting question.

I'm a married 'straight' man, but I also believe in you are attracted to who you are attracted to, thus have never ruled out seeing men or trans men/women, it'd just never happened. I can pretty much say I'm more attracted to the female form, but I'm cool with saying when a man looks good as well, [Side note: my man crush, the only one I have, is Paul Rudd....I'm not sure why, he just seems like a cool guy haha], so again not that I'm against seeing men/trans women/men but it's just not something I would actively seek out I suppose.

With a person being trans, I don't think it'd bother me generally. If I were dating a girl, and she later informed me she was formally a guy, if I was interested in the "person" that they are, I don't think it'd bother me.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
24-03-2017, 09:55 AM
(24-03-2017 09:44 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:35 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Emma, please don't take this the wrong way, but I find you very attractive. Shy

Well, I think you're very attractive too. I LOVE your long silver hair. That big ol staff is pretty cool too. Yes

> Well, thank you. Check out my stories. I write under the pen name of Karlmir Stonewain.
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
24-03-2017, 10:16 AM
(24-03-2017 08:35 AM)Emma Wrote:  But first, if you haven't already- this short series about a couple of trans women and their love lives will probably both melt your heart and answer some questions:
Her Story

That was such a sweet series! I binge watched it. While eating chocolate. I'm kind of a sucker for romance.
Also made for a great answer. Smile

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
24-03-2017, 10:28 AM
(24-03-2017 09:35 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:31 AM)Emma Wrote:  Good god, 24 cups of coffee a day?! Blink

Wow...

But yes, hormones are a crazy roller-coaster ride sometimes. But they are most emotionally wracking when the hormone levels are fluctuating. Once things level out, it's much better.

When you first start hormones, your body starts down the path of a second puberty. And we all know how much fun the first puberty was... The second one isn't all that much easier.

> Emma, please don't take this the wrong way, but I find you very attractive. Shy

Aww thank you. Keep in mind that I've picked one of my pictures that I think is flattering to share and not an unflattering one. Big Grin

The unflattering ones exist though Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
24-03-2017, 10:29 AM
(24-03-2017 10:28 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 09:35 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > Emma, please don't take this the wrong way, but I find you very attractive. Shy

Aww thank you. Keep in mind that I've picked one of my pictures that I think is flattering to share and not an unflattering one. Big Grin

The unflattering ones exist though Laugh out load

Emma, you're pretty, just deal with it Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2017, 10:29 AM
(24-03-2017 10:16 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 08:35 AM)Emma Wrote:  But first, if you haven't already- this short series about a couple of trans women and their love lives will probably both melt your heart and answer some questions:
Her Story

That was such a sweet series! I binge watched it. While eating chocolate. I'm kind of a sucker for romance.

I love this series, and Angelica Ross and Jen Richards are AMAZING in it! Big Grin The whole cast is great.
24-03-2017, 10:55 AM
(24-03-2017 10:29 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:16 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  That was such a sweet series! I binge watched it. While eating chocolate. I'm kind of a sucker for romance.

I love this series, and Angelica Ross and Jen Richards are AMAZING in it! Big Grin The whole cast is great.

They really were great all of them.
I got a little crush on the Paige character. Power woman, with such eyes! Heart

Anyway, my reason for asking in the first place came from watching a documentary with a young trans girl, going through the later stages of puberty, which must be hell when your body is going through changes that don't match your gender.
She just wanted to be a teenager like her girlfriend. Partying and pulling boys like the others. Just be a girl, without having to deal with serious stuff when she was trying to have a blast at a girls night out. But she got in so many heartbreaking situations when she would hook up with boys and they'd get furious when they found out.
It's not fair to not get to just be a silly teenager like the others.

While I'm interrogating you anyway. Question I pondered after watching said documentary. Do you think young trans people should be offered hormone replacement before puberty? It'd save them the grief of developing into a sex they don't want to be. And I imagine hormone therapy could be "undone" if for some reason the youngster should change their mind.
Personally I imagine that if one of my future children was transgender, I'd want to help them get to transition as early as possible. I imagine that attentive parents can tell if it's real or just a face. But it's not a clear question. After all, the child might be met with significant stigma, which a child should not have to cope with. Lesser of two evils I imagine.
What do you think? Do you think you would have benefited from hormone therapy before puberty?

Sprry for the interrogation. Don't mean to put you on the spot. I was very touched by the documentary. It's not easy to be a teenager!

Oh, and I agree with everybody on your prettiness of course! Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
24-03-2017, 11:10 AM
I'm sorry if I'm going too far off topic by the way.

24-03-2017, 11:23 AM
(24-03-2017 10:55 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 10:29 AM)Emma Wrote:  I love this series, and Angelica Ross and Jen Richards are AMAZING in it! Big Grin The whole cast is great.

They really were great all of them.
I got a little crush on the Paige character. Power woman, with such eyes! Heart

Anyway, my reason for asking in the first place came from watching a documentary with a young trans girl, going through the later stages of puberty, which must be hell when your body is going through changes that don't match your gender.
She just wanted to be a teenager like her girlfriend. Partying and pulling boys like the others. Just be a girl, without having to deal with serious stuff when she was trying to have a blast at a girls night out. But she got in so many heartbreaking situations when she would hook up with boys and they'd get furious when they found out.
It's not fair to not get to just be a silly teenager like the others.

While I'm interrogating you anyway. Question I pondered after watching said documentary. Do you think young trans people should be offered hormone replacement before puberty? It'd save them the grief of developing into a sex they don't want to be. And I imagine hormone therapy could be "undone" if for some reason the youngster should change their mind.
Personally I imagine that if one of my future children was transgender, I'd want to help them get to transition as early as possible. I imagine that attentive parents can tell if it's real or just a face. But it's not a clear question. After all, the child might be met with significant stigma, which a child should not have to cope with. Lesser of two evils I imagine.
What do you think? Do you think you would have benefited from hormone therapy before puberty?

Sprry for the interrogation. Don't mean to put you on the spot. I was very touched by the documentary. It's not easy to be a teenager!

Oh, and I agree with everybody on your prettiness of course! Big Grin

TY again y'all Blush

For your question- I ABSOLUTELY think trans teens should be able to get HRT before puberty. I thinkg as part of WPATH standards of care, trans teens should be given hormone blockers until about age 16 to stave off puberty. At roughly 16, they can begin HRT and start puberty. I'm not certain that this is WPATH standards, or just the general approach to teens that I've witnessed. In any case, it gives children a good amount of time to make a decision that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I would LOVE to go back and transition as a teen. But then, I wouldn't have my wife and that would really suck. Sad So, if offered the opportunity to change my life in that way now, I am sure that I would not take it.

People often question whether youths transition is healthy or ethical. I believe it's absolutely ethical. Here is another blog post about the myths surrounding youth transition.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post