Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know
(24-03-2017 11:23 AM)Emma Wrote:  TY again y'all Blush

For your question- I ABSOLUTELY think trans teens should be able to get HRT before puberty. I thinkg as part of WPATH standards of care, trans teens should be given hormone blockers until about age 16 to stave off puberty. At roughly 16, they can begin HRT and start puberty. I'm not certain that this is WPATH standards, or just the general approach to teens that I've witnessed. In any case, it gives children a good amount of time to make a decision that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I would LOVE to go back and transition as a teen. But then, I wouldn't have my wife and that would really suck. Sad So, if offered the opportunity to change my life in that way now, I am sure that I would not take it.

People often question whether youths transition is healthy or ethical. I believe it's absolutely ethical. Here is another blog post about the myths surrounding youth transition.

Oh yeah, hormone blockers is a thing. That makes the best choice obvious! From the stories I've heard about, peers around pre-pubescent children tend to be very non-judgemental about these things too. It's people who are past puberty who get all scared and confused about it. That's my impression anyway.
So you'd think there shouldn't be anything to discuss. Stigma does a lot of harm.
What's up with you 'Muricans arguing over who gets to use what toilets?! Come over here. To the country where everybody just uses the toilet with the shortest queue/least piss on the floor, no matter what sign is on the door! Tongue

Sounds like your wife loves you for who you are. So who knows, she might have loved you just as much if you'd transitioned as a kid. Then she also wouldn't have had to deal with second-puberty-mood from the hormones! Big Grin

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
24-03-2017, 02:49 PM
(24-03-2017 11:54 AM)LadyDay Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 11:23 AM)Emma Wrote:  TY again y'all Blush

For your question- I ABSOLUTELY think trans teens should be able to get HRT before puberty. I thinkg as part of WPATH standards of care, trans teens should be given hormone blockers until about age 16 to stave off puberty. At roughly 16, they can begin HRT and start puberty. I'm not certain that this is WPATH standards, or just the general approach to teens that I've witnessed. In any case, it gives children a good amount of time to make a decision that will affect them for the rest of their lives.

I would LOVE to go back and transition as a teen. But then, I wouldn't have my wife and that would really suck. Sad So, if offered the opportunity to change my life in that way now, I am sure that I would not take it.

People often question whether youths transition is healthy or ethical. I believe it's absolutely ethical. Here is another blog post about the myths surrounding youth transition.

Oh yeah, hormone blockers is a thing. That makes the best choice obvious! From the stories I've heard about, peers around pre-pubescent children tend to be very non-judgemental about these things too. It's people who are past puberty who get all scared and confused about it. That's my impression anyway.
So you'd think there shouldn't be anything to discuss. Stigma does a lot of harm.
What's up with you 'Muricans arguing over who gets to use what toilets?! Come over here. To the country where everybody just uses the toilet with the shortest queue/least piss on the floor, no matter what sign is on the door! Tongue

Sounds like your wife loves you for who you are. So who knows, she might have loved you just as much if you'd transitioned as a kid. Then she also wouldn't have had to deal with second-puberty-mood from the hormones! Big Grin

Yeah, the bathrooms thing is soooooo dumb. It's a complete non-issue. I think groups like Liberty Council and other extreme right religious lobbying groups generated the "issue" for the purpose of rallying their voter base since the gay marriage issue was on the way out the door.
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
24-03-2017, 03:14 PM
(24-03-2017 02:49 PM)Emma Wrote:  Yeah, the bathrooms thing is soooooo dumb. It's a complete non-issue. I think groups like Liberty Council and other extreme right religious lobbying groups generated the "issue" for the purpose of rallying their voter base since the gay marriage issue was on the way out the door.

Wait, does that mean you don't actually feel any urge to violate little girls in bathrooms?! Ohmy

And why even bother with trans people when those of us attracted to our own sex can wander right into those bathrooms? Big Grin
Wanna go peek into bathroom stalls with me?

It's so ridiculous only the most extreme of religious nuts can come up with stuff like that. Now that people have realized that gay people, black people and people who eat shellfish or wear mixed fabrics aren't dangerous, it's time to find another minority to panic about.

This is why I fled fundamentalist religion.

(Sorry for going on. It's Friday night in Europe now and I've had wine. And the famous bathroom issue is just so bizarre!)

"I believe that while not all people are essentially good, most are trying" - Adam Savage
[+] 1 user Likes LadyDay's post
24-03-2017, 03:39 PM
(24-03-2017 02:49 PM)Emma Wrote:  Yeah, the bathrooms thing is soooooo dumb. It's a complete non-issue. I think groups like Liberty Council and other extreme right religious lobbying groups generated the "issue" for the purpose of rallying their voter base since the gay marriage issue was on the way out the door.

I agree so much. So far I keep telling people, "I really don't care who takes a shit in the stall next to me."

All we are saying, is give piss a chance. - Almost John Lennon

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 4 users Like Leerob's post
24-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Paying real quick from my phone, here's another article that discusses terminology that might be useful :
The gender identity terms you need to know http://news360.com/article/395704906
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
25-03-2017, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 26-03-2017 07:24 AM by kim.)
YAY! Clap

This week on This American Life they are re-running a favorite show of listeners which was first broadcast 15 years ago. I have to say, it's always been one of my very favorites. The Testosterone episode. In this episode, there is a testosterone testing of all the TAL office workers, along with the results - I won't spoil it for everyone. There are a couple of other stories but my favorite is a guy who tells his transition story from female to male and what it was like to get his first doses of testosterone. It is absolutely fascinating.

This American Life's episode on Testosterone. I urge everyone to give it a listen. Shy

Frankly, it only takes an hour to have a very enjoyable listen but...
If you have a shitload of time, you can read the transcript here.

EPISODE AVAILABLE SUNDAY 7PM CENTRAL

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
25-03-2017, 12:06 PM
(23-03-2017 03:11 PM)Emma Wrote:  I'm happy to answer what questions I can- mostly. Some questions I won't answer, but I won't get mad at the question itself. I can speak with some limited experience on the subject- but not complete inexperience. Since I'm married, I'm not open to a relationship with anyone else.

I'm married to a woman, so I'm essentially in a lesbian relationship. Any outside observers would see nothing different than that. I will refrain from talking about what types of people I'm attracted to, as I don't think that's relevant to anyone else. But I will say, I have been approached/hit on by cis straight men, lesbian women, and trans women. Some in person, and some on the internet. There are people of all kinds who are into trans women.

There are a lot of dudes out there that fetishize trans women. In the trans community, we tend to call them chasers. They are fine as long as they aren't simply out to use a trans woman for sexual pleasure (unless she wants that, whatevs) and would never have a relationship with them. Those dudes often just want to have sex with a girl that has a penis and nothing more. This is speaking from what I've read from other trans women's experiences.

There are straight or bi/pan dudes out there who simply don't care whether a girl is trans, or some for whom that's a turn on but not a fetish.

There are lots of women out there interested in trans women. Lots of other trans women interested in trans women. Lots of trans people are attracted to other trans people, especially because that's someone they can relate to. There are lots of trans women who are only into women, too.

In any case, straight trans women (that is, a trans woman attracted only to men) often have a more difficult time finding guys who aren't insecure about the idea of being with a trans women. Moreover, it's more dangerous for a trans woman to date a guy- because of that stigma, shame, and post-coital regret. It's happens a lot that guys beat or even murder their partner afterward because they feel like they are afraid to be seen as "gay" or something. They feel emasculated after they're no longer um... horny, and then react with anger.

I know that's more than you were asking, just thought I'd offer up some extra info.

Good God! It's Sodom and Gommorrah all over again. We all gonna die unless we can find 50 decent people? 40? Okay, 30? 20? ... 10? To hell with it, hand 'em over to the angel fuckers. Throw in the 2 virgins free to give us time to get away.

#sigh
25-03-2017, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2017 12:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(25-03-2017 11:50 AM)kim Wrote:  This American Life's episode on Testosterone.

"Everything that I identify as being me, my ambition, my interest in things, my sense of humor, the inflection in my voice, the quality of my speech even changed in the time that I was without a lot of the hormone. So yes, the introduction of testosterone returned everything. There were things that I find offensive about my own personality that were disconnected then. And it was nice to be without them. Envy, the desire to judge itself, I approached people with a humility that I had never displayed before. I grew up in a culture, like all of us, that divides the soul from the body. And that that is your singleness, that is your uniqueness, and nothing can touch that. And then I go through this experience where I have small amounts of a bodily chemical removed and then reintroduced, and it changes everything I know as my self. And it violates the sanctity of that understanding, that understanding that who you are exists independent of any other forces in the universe. And that's humbling. And it's terrifying."

That's pretty much got it. You are your hormones. Not sure I'd call it frightening so much as curious. "Oh my, would you look at that." And the guy in the interview indicates that he likes to stay at high T levels and uses injections with weeks to month half-life esters while I use a topical gel which pretty much lasts only a couple of days and like to manipulate my T level as I see fit if for no other reason than I can. (Not so humbling if I can dick with and control it now is it? Tongue )

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
25-03-2017, 12:55 PM
(25-03-2017 12:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Oh my, would you look at that."

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-03-2017, 01:13 PM
My T and therefore my big L levels have gone up so much with the weight loss. Your statement about being your hormones is quite apt.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post