Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2017, 08:13 AM
RE: Transgender questions. I promise I won't be rude. Just curious to know
(26-03-2017 03:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  This is why I don't sleep with anyone. Everyone used to be a baby so sex with them would be paedophilia.

Ha!
I know when I was a teen, I saw other teens my age and slightly younger, to be what I would consider my age. As an example: I was 14 when Star Wars hit the planet. To me and my friends, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamel were OLD! Surely, they were at least, like 20!! Laugh out load

And I lumped Harrison Ford into that older age group - and then some! I think I sensed a degree of experience in Ford, which I found much more attractive than those just barely beyond my own age.

Those teen years can be SO categorizing and so intense and so right now.

Now, I look at the young Leia & Luke with my old eyes and think: BABIES! I look at the young Han and still see the attraction but it's no longer "experience" I see rather, a recklessness.

I think how we categorize things can and does change with time. I also think how we arrange our minds and brains, seems to really start happening in puberty. Add a FLOOD of hormones to that constantly rearranging brain - that's a huge bag of vulnerability.

I love teenagers ... when I'm not thinking they are pure evil. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
26-03-2017, 10:16 AM
Black, white, gay, transgender. It's all just nature doing its thing. No intention, no judgement. It just is.
Society needs to understand, empathise and move on. This really shouldn't be an issue!
[+] 4 users Like sydarthur7's post
27-03-2017, 08:00 AM
(26-03-2017 08:13 AM)kim Wrote:  
(26-03-2017 03:26 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  This is why I don't sleep with anyone. Everyone used to be a baby so sex with them would be paedophilia.

Ha!
I know when I was a teen, I saw other teens my age and slightly younger, to be what I would consider my age. As an example: I was 14 when Star Wars hit the planet. To me and my friends, Carrie Fisher & Mark Hamel were OLD! Surely, they were at least, like 20!! Laugh out load

And I lumped Harrison Ford into that older age group - and then some! I think I sensed a degree of experience in Ford, which I found much more attractive than those just barely beyond my own age.

Those teen years can be SO categorizing and so intense and so right now.

Now, I look at the young Leia & Luke with my old eyes and think: BABIES! I look at the young Han and still see the attraction but it's no longer "experience" I see rather, a recklessness.

I think how we categorize things can and does change with time. I also think how we arrange our minds and brains, seems to really start happening in puberty. Add a FLOOD of hormones to that constantly rearranging brain - that's a huge bag of vulnerability.

I love teenagers ... when I'm not thinking they are pure evil. Dodgy

I really like this observation. It feels self-aware and gives good insight into how we view qualities in people as we age. Star Wars is such a good example, because we have frozen in time a set of characters that so many of us can relate to as we've grown up. Even if we weren't born yet when Star Wars was first released, a lot of us have grown up with the movies in some capacity.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
27-03-2017, 09:42 AM

I hope you don't use these analogies with everything in life. You'd be pretty stifled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27-03-2017, 09:43 AM

Strange outlook.

27-03-2017, 10:02 AM
(27-03-2017 09:42 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  

I hope you don't use these analogies with everything in life. You'd be pretty stifled.

Try removing your sarcasm filter, it'll all make sense to you then.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
27-03-2017, 10:27 AM
(27-03-2017 10:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(27-03-2017 09:42 AM)Goosesniper Wrote:  I hope you don't use these analogies with everything in life. You'd be pretty stifled.

Try removing your sarcasm filter, it'll all make sense to you then.

It wasn't until you said this that I got it. Laugh out load I thought it was a reply to the post just prior to it.