Transgenderism, gender, and identy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-06-2016, 04:12 AM
RE: Transgenderism, gender, and identy
(21-06-2016 03:56 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 06:07 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  If trans people regretted it then the medical establishment wouldn't provide treatment. The treatment is there because it has been the only thing that has so far worked and has always been the last option given to the patient.

People regret buying drugs or alcohol but there are still plenty of vendors that sell it. Your claim does not make sense. The treatment is provided because there is a market for it. It really is as simple as that.

Vendors do not have a duty of care to their customers. Their role is to provide what the customers want. The role of the medical practitioner is to provide the care that the patient needs. It really is as simple as that.

I see though that you are not denying that it has been shown to be the only treatment that has shown to work, in other words allows patients to lead fully functional and contented lives.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-06-2016, 04:51 AM
(21-06-2016 04:12 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Vendors do not have a duty of care to their customers. Their role is to provide what the customers want. The role of the medical practitioner is to provide the care that the patient needs. It really is as simple as that.

I see though that you are not denying that it has been shown to be the only treatment that has shown to work, in other words allows patients to lead fully functional and contented lives.

How you think vendors ought to behave has no bearing on how they behave.

I am not commenting on the efficacy of gender re-assignment surgery. I don't know enough about it to make an informed judgement. I do know that if there is sufficient demand for a service, it will be provided.

Back alley abortion were/are certainly not good for those receiving them....yet you could/can get one if you wanted.
21-06-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2016 05:08 PM by cactus.)
I logged in to Youtube, saw a rainbow heart logo at the top of the page, and thought, "Uh oh, here it comes... Is it? Is it?... Oh...oh, yep, it is. It's a reason for people to get all pissy on the internet and put their brains on autopilot as they bash away at their keyboards while spouting lop-sided talking points that other people told them they should care about. Wonderful Hobo"

What do you want to bet a good 1/3 to 1/2 of these dislikes are from people who haven't formed their own opinions, but instead said to themselves "You know what, <insert popular Youtuber, podcaster, etc here> sure is smart, and sure does get awfully loud and angry when talking about all things SJW. They told me over 5000 times that I should vehemently hate everything about videos like this without even thinking twice, and so for that reason alone, I do."
Drinking Beverage Sheep are very predictable
Also, Youtube is very predictable for posting this video. Drinking Beverage
Also, I'm very predictable for talking about this video. Drinking Beverage
Well fuck, someone clearly sat in a boardroom meeting and decided to pay money to make this video go viral, and now I'm part of the problem. I'm one of the sheep!
Shit, we're all just variables in someone else's economic algorithm.
Trans, cis, genderfluid, doesn't matter. At the end of the day, you're just a dollar sign like everyone else. Laugh out load
Ok, I think that's enough reductionism for one day. I'm gonna go watch some monetized cat videos.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?