Transitional Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Transitional Atheist
Hi. Basic bio to start things off. I'm 24y.o., married for 4 years now. My husband and I where both sort-of religious, both raised catholic and later in life I converted to baptism (along with my family), while he never did, but openly rejects certain aspects of Christianity. I've recently found clarity and enough confidence to what I hope is a transitional period from "ex-christian" to "agnosticism/atheism"
My family situation is not as complicated as others, as my younger brother is openly atheist and has been for about two years. His wife is as well, but my father and mother Re very active baptist, with my father being a former Sunday school teacher. My sister is baptist as well but is very private in her beliefs and possibly a closet atheist.
I have not opened up to the rest of my family yet, only to close friends and my brother and husband. No major friction yet, but I am preparing myself in the event of a possible debate/confrontation from my past church friends or family members.

That said, thank you to this community, I've been privately browsing for a while as well as recently starting to listen to the podcast. I'm excited to finally be true to myself, at least, and hope to grow and better myself with your help and guidance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Pandabby's post
09-06-2012, 04:48 AM
RE: Transitional Atheist
(09-06-2012 01:14 AM)Pandabby Wrote:  hope to grow and better myself with your help and guidance.
Vain hope. We're all clueless Big Grin Welcome Smile
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Welcome!
If someone named morondog tells you he's clueless, you better believe him.
Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
09-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Welcome. Glad you're stopping in on your journey.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Welcome.

[Image: opforum1.png]
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome aboard!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-06-2012, 09:46 AM
(09-06-2012 01:14 AM)Pandabby Wrote:  That said, thank you to this community, I've been privately browsing for a while
Anything written here is not admissible in a court of law!
Welcome. The weather is generally pleasant this side of the closet door but look out for storms ahead.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
09-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Psst. Hello.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Howdy. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Welcome! Thanks for sharing and I hope you become more comfy in asserting yourself and who you are Smile