Transitory Species

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2011, 04:06 PM
Transitory Species
Hey guys, I'm new here to this forum and I'm trying to figure out how to respond to my fellow creationist friends about what the title says. I'm slowly deconverting, so can someone explain to me the creationist arguments and how they're refuted?

-MNeufs
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2011, 06:07 AM
RE: Transitory Species
(16-10-2011 04:06 PM)MNeufs Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm new here to this forum and I'm trying to figure out how to respond to my fellow creationist friends about what the title says. I'm slowly deconverting, so can someone explain to me the creationist arguments and how they're refuted?

-MNeufs

Welcome, MNeufs,
I just posted a wordy reply to your other post. Follow the link in that one and dig through that entire site. (Talk Origins.org) Also, check out the forums on Panda's Thumb (especially the old archived comment sections). Also check out Brian Dunning's Skeptoid podcasts on biblical topics.
17-10-2011, 06:53 AM
You can try argument with creationists, or you find a nice brick wall to bang your head against. They don't know and don't want to know, so it doesn't matter how many facts you dredge up, how many diagrams you produce, they'll counter it with something utterly ridiculous and smirk with self-satisfaction.
See, they need Adam and Eve to sin and piss off the god, so that Jesus has to be sacrificed, so that they can feel precious. Nothing else works for them.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
17-10-2011, 07:24 AM
(16-10-2011 04:06 PM)MNeufs Wrote:  Hey guys, I'm new here to this forum and I'm trying to figure out how to respond to my fellow creationist friends about what the title says. I'm slowly deconverting, so can someone explain to me the creationist arguments and how they're refuted?

-MNeufs

talkorigins.org