Translate your dogs thoughts...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 09:02 PM
Translate your dogs thoughts...
This is either the pinnacle of our civilization, or the downfall...

linky

[Image: illustration-intro_zpsefkprbig.png]

The video stresses that they are still in the development phase. But if they get something that actually works, or even looks like it works...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2016, 04:28 AM
RE: Translate your dogs thoughts...
Woof --- Feed me
Woof --- I gotta shit
Woof --- I need to hump something
Woof --- Repeat

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
08-03-2016, 05:45 AM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-03-2016, 06:21 AM
My Dogs thoughts....

Nothing. I don't have a dog Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-03-2016, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2016 06:46 AM by Dom.)
I would pay a whole lot of money for something that ACTUALLY could show us a dog's perception.

Their sense of smell is so very superior to ours, the additional input we would be getting (especially from dogs that track) is mind boggling.

For instance, you could walk into a top restaurant and steal all the recipes. Dogs don't smell just chicken soup, they smell every ingredient.

We could solve many crimes instantly - the dog can smell where someone has been, who has touched something.

Cops and others are trained in body language to recognize where to start asking more questions. Dogs go 90% by body language and they are so good at it that police canines are trained to use "intelligent disobedience" because they know better than we do how and when to protect their handler. So they are trained to override our commands as needed.

Being able to read the perceptions of animals would enrich our evolutionary development incredibly, it would add theirs to ours.

Unfortunately I bet the machine above is fairly useless (don't really know). But this is an area where proper research with reliable results could alter our society forever - to the better. The applications are incredibly numerous once you think about it.

It would open a whole new world to us.

(and onlinebiker would have to stuff it. Tongue )

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-03-2016, 06:49 AM
[Image: e7aa1c63573be10d2cb7b18edc55b0d56e747675...32d0_1.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
08-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Right now, my dog is protesting the new family room furniture.

At nearly 14 it's just a little tall for him to jump up on, and being new furniture, it's a little too stiff.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-03-2016, 11:26 AM
I'd like to know what mine is thinking right know. This time of the day he can usually be found right here.

[Image: empty%20dog%20bed_zpss3eaiaa8.jpg]

But he isn't showing up on any of the 3 security cams so I'm not sure what he's up to...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
08-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I have a Maltese and a Chihuahua. I'd have to say that their thoughts aren't much more than white noise.

https://youtu.be/-JqU8SyzEI4