Transsexualism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2017, 02:29 PM
RE: Transsexualism
I'm not sure you're my friend LeeRob....the word "friend" carries a difficulty for me I'm afraid. I know mental illness...you should see my endz....please don't cut/hormonalise yourself....and the clown av is a cliche imo, although I used to rep that.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2017, 02:31 PM
It's funny because this thread could have included a much more interesting topic revolving around gender transition and the roles that gender stereotypes play. Consider

But it missed the mark so badly, I wouldn't even want to help it recover at this point.
Find all posts by this user
20-11-2017, 02:33 PM
(20-11-2017 02:28 PM)Emma Wrote:  
(20-11-2017 02:20 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Oh really? And what are your qualifications? Rep that pic in ur av fam.

Qualifications may include: having encountered cow feces in the past.
Pam pam.... but too late for you innit...oh well ur a monument to civilisation's (sic) folly... and I'd love to hang out with you : )
20-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Or perhaps strictly technical bisexuality (I, for instance, really couldn't get it up with a man IMO....hope that doesn't breach the FUA : /) or there's also the vertiginous homophobic collapse explanation (if psychogenesis can cause this I'm pretty fucking certain it can cause this). Who needs a therapist to cause iatrogenic thoughts/fears of repressed homosexuality when kids are getting accused (sic) of being gay in the primary school playground? Perhaps it needn't even be a vertiginous fear once the iatrogenic seed is planted....perhaps people simply make a concrete decision/leap/effect sometimes...if they obsess about it...come on KIR people obsessing about sex? Pull the other one.
[+] 1 user Likes Pragmatix's post
20-11-2017, 02:37 PM
(20-11-2017 02:33 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  
(20-11-2017 02:28 PM)Emma Wrote:  Qualifications may include: having encountered cow feces in the past.
Pam pam.... but too late for you innit...oh well ur a monument to civilisation's (sic) folly... and I'd love to hang out with you : )

And you keep using (sic) incorrectly.

Shoo fly!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Ah fuck the links in that post didn't carry...I'll try again...
20-11-2017, 02:38 PM
(20-11-2017 01:55 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  I invented the term - of course it ain't showing on google scholar.

You seem to have Pervasive Gradual Idiocy. A term I invented....just for you and to honor your stupidity.

You'll thank me later. Drinking Beverage

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 8 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2017, 02:39 PM
I recall in the 60's reading a bit about Thomas Szasz's book The Myth of Mental Illness. My brother was doing a degree in Biology at the time and his attitude was that everything is biological. As he was older than me, I tended to accept what he said so I had a longstanding notion that Szasz was also saying that what we think of as a "psychological" or mental illness is not an illness at all because there is, in reality, no such thing as the "mind" or the "psyche", ie., it's a biological thing.

More recently, about 7 years ago I got to know a former doctor who said that in 50 years, psychiatry will be considered to be the "irritable bowel syndrome" of neurology and that what we think of as psychiatric disorders will be understood, through the advent of brain scans and other diagnostic tools to be neurological conditions which may or may not be treatable.

I never read Szasz's book but I did go back to it and realised it didn't say what I thought it said at all and that I'd simply got it wrong. It seems to suggest that what we think of as psychological or mental illnesses are not really illnesses, they are just emotional or moral issues.

In some cases, that might be right, that we are conditioned to behave in certain ways, but I think, in terms of sexuality, that's not really the case and we can't be something which we are not. I've tended for some time to regard our sexual inclination as being on a spectrum, just as our physical biology is. Some men are more masculine than others physically and mentally, some less of one or the other, same with women etc etc. What we call the psychological side is as "physical" and part of our neurological anatomy as the physiological side. I don't think we can change it just by wishing it away. Sexual feelings or feelings of sexual identity are as much a part of our biology as the way we perceive color and sound. It's a product of neuro-transmission and the effect of it on our brains. It may be that, over time, we change our attitudes, but that may be a result of recognising who we are and accepting it. Everyone is different and our sexual makeup is unique to each of us.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post
20-11-2017, 02:40 PM
(20-11-2017 02:38 PM)Pragmatix Wrote:  Ah fuck the links in that post didn't carry...I'll try again...

Don't bother (sic)

And (sic) by this (sic) I really mean don't (sic) bother us Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
20-11-2017, 02:42 PM
How many Google translate filters did that get passed through before it made it graduated to your post, Pragmatix? Gasp