Transubstantiation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2010, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 07:23 PM by brendanIsBrendan.)
Transubstantiation
transubst
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2010, 11:10 AM

RE: Transubstantiation
I'm by no means saying you're wrong in any way, I'm simply relaying my experience. In 21 years as a Catholic I don't ever recall being told that the Eucharist was "actually" the body of Christ. It was sybolism, an analogy. Yes the Eucharist is blessed, but not transformed. Now I have not studied the specifics Roman Catholic beliefs so don't mistake me in any way for an expert, but I'm just saying in years and years of Catechism no one tried to tell me the Eucharist was "literally" the body of Christ. I actually look forward to some other perspectives.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2010, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2012 07:24 PM by brendanIsBrendan.)
transubst
27-05-2010, 12:17 PM
(27-05-2010 11:10 AM)Dregs Wrote:  I'm by no means saying you're wrong in any way, I'm simply relaying my experience. In 21 years as a Catholic I don't ever recall being told that the Eucharist was "actually" the body of Christ. It was sybolism, an analogy. Yes the Eucharist is blessed, but not transformed. Now I have not studied the specifics Roman Catholic beliefs so don't mistake me in any way for an expert, but I'm just saying in years and years of Catechism no one tried to tell me the Eucharist was "literally" the body of Christ. I actually look forward to some other perspectives.

Yes, this was my experience as well. Still is, actually: I still attend church to keep family relationships easy.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner