Trapped in hate/conservatism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Trapped in hate/conservatism
Hateful statements seem rational to me, and I don't like this. But I can't escape what my brain percieves as reality. (Yes, I suck at writing.)

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Trapped in hate/conservatism
(13-04-2014 07:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Hateful statements seem rational to me, and I don't like this. But I can't escape what my brain percieves as reality. (Yes, I suck at writing.)

I would try to give you advice or support, but you didn't provide enough information for me to understand the issue so I'll just send a hug Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. People are awful sometimes.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-04-2014, 09:52 PM
(13-04-2014 07:59 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Hateful statements seem rational to me, and I don't like this. But I can't escape what my brain percieves as reality. (Yes, I suck at writing.)

Could you elaborate on what specifically seems rational about them?

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
13-04-2014, 10:20 PM
(13-04-2014 09:52 PM)Logisch Wrote:  

Could you elaborate on what specifically seems rational about them?

I have no idea. That's what frustrates me.

Truth seeker.
13-04-2014, 10:24 PM
(13-04-2014 10:20 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 09:52 PM)Logisch Wrote:  Could you elaborate on what specifically seems rational about them?

I have no idea. That's what frustrates me.

Just anything and everything hateful seems rational?

Like, "fuck you cocksucker!!" seems rational?
Or just hateful statements in specific circumstances?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
13-04-2014, 10:32 PM
You do know that being alive make you valuable
that being here shows that you can communicate
that being you is the most wonderful thing you can do
Being is what makes us
breaks us
remakes us

So Good Sir, Who Are You To Choose Not To Be You?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
13-04-2014, 10:33 PM
(13-04-2014 10:24 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-04-2014 10:20 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I have no idea. That's what frustrates me.

Just anything and everything hateful seems rational?

Like, "fuck you cocksucker!!" seems rational?
Or just hateful statements in specific circumstances?

No, because "fuck you cocksucker" conatins no argument.

Truth seeker.
14-04-2014, 12:08 AM
I assume you mean arguments like gays will burn in hell because it says so in the Bible?

Whenever you hear a hateful statement, ask yourself whether the sole reason for it comes from the Bible.

Ask yourself whether you have been hearing this kind of thing being said all your life and whether it is something that you have been brought up to belief in.

Ask yourself whether the same applies to the people making these kind of statements

Ask yourself whether the people ever making these hateful statements ever get challenged. And when they do whether they can actually deal with the challenges or start to get flustered, annoyed and refuse to change their opinions.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
14-04-2014, 12:46 AM
[1] You are having quite some strong emotions now ("hate speech seems rational to you" which you regarded as "reality").

[2] You can't accept this thing emotionally ("I don't like this"), otherwise you won't reach out for help.

[3] Use ration to replace error in ration: You find hate/conservative statements rational. It's a reality, of which I say it happens. Do you find any forgiving/liberal statements rational ?

If you do, then find a conservative and a liberal statement that directly contradicts each other and put them to the test. Let reality tell you which one is more accurate for the moment. Let future realities tell you how they are changing relatively.

If you don't, that's irrational.

[4] Use emotion to replace emotion. I invite you to let yourself sink in what you fear, i.e. the feeling of sinking into hate/conservatism, having all the feelings that match the gloomy conservative reality you are seeing, and THEN, one day, you post a thread on your conservative forum, totally terrrifiedly, that "LOVELY statements seem rational to me.I can't dismiss everything my brain percieves as reality as all not lovely."

What would you feel ?

Get a little more of the YOU you like in your heart.

[Image: bee3ef62gw1ef7zax9i91g201e01eq2z.gif]

Want something? Then do something.