Travel!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2013, 04:41 PM
Travel!
In the Forum Suggestions, I posted a request for a Travel section. Travel was (and still is) a big eye-opener for me because it introduced me to other ways of living and different cultural perspectives that helped in my deconversion process.

My 2007 trek on the Camino Frances in Spain was a defining moment of my life, and was the catalyst for my leaving evangelical Xianity. Towards the end I hooked up with a group of Spanish folks who took me under their wing - here's a Youtube video montage one of them made (I'm the balding, bearded chap that pops in from time to time):

Anyway, I would like to see a Travel section created for general travel discussion, travel tips (in case a forum member is heading to another forum member's neck of the woods), atheist-related travel, and so on. A moderator suggested I create a thread and see if it takes off - here's hoping it does!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atheist_pilgrim's post
14-08-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: Travel!
(13-08-2013 04:41 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Anyway, I would like to see a Travel section created for general travel discussion, travel tips (in case a forum member is heading to another forum member's neck of the woods), atheist-related travel, and so on.

All right, so occasionally The Man relaxes my 5 mile ankle bracelet restriction when my sonofabitch employer (i.e. The Man) makes me travel for work. Some things I've learned.

1) Never sit in the middle seat or the back row of a plane.
2) Sleeping pills are appropriate regardless of the length of the flight even if it's leaving at 0darkthirty.
3) Whenever feasible, a train is preferable to a plane.
4) Don't ask for the Government rate at a Super8 or Motel6. Their eyes light up 'cause the Government rate is twice what they usually charge.
5) Never stay in a Super8 or Motel6.
6) If a hot chick starts hitting on you in a bar while on travel, she's either a hooker, a spy, or both.
7) The TSA 3.4 oz restriction on gels don't apply to Androgel (terrorists take note).
8) When getting your balls frisked by a TSA agent it's always fun to go "tee hee, that tickles ... a little higher please". Makes both our days. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply