Travel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2015, 09:13 AM
RE: Travel
Hey guys! Finally internet access after two weeks without. Siting in the Fijian airport waiting for our delayed flight from yesterday. Lots of Aussies and Kiwis here, kept looking for Muffs or Hafnof to make an appearance. Smile

I found that even in far-flung villages the ravages of Christendom had taken their toll destroying wonderful beliefs and traditions and turning them into the zombie-loving, cannibalistic death cult of the Middle East. Such a shame. The island is a mish-mash of cultures, Hindu, Muslim, Christian and Fijian.

At least they have kept some of their traditional rituals and I participated in several Cava ceremonies; a welcoming shindig of chanting, speeches and drinking cava, extracted from the root of a plant with mildly entoxicating properties. Meh.

Saw lots of sharks Yes Still in one piece.

Should be home in a few days. Hope everyone is well.

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
19-05-2015, 09:50 AM
(06-05-2015 11:54 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The packing sucks, I’m heading out tomorrow and already my wife and I are at each other’s throats...once on the plane we mellow out but until then we are pretty uptight.

Ah yeah. The joys of traveling as a couple. My SO and I have issues too. We just went to see the terracotta warriors yesterday. It was a good time, but we both get crabby at the end of the day.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
23-05-2015, 06:42 AM
(19-05-2015 09:13 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Should be home in a few days. Hope everyone is well.

Well, we know that FC made it back as far as Michigan anyway...

a belligerent man dressed in scuba gear...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
23-09-2015, 03:49 PM
I thought this guy’s blog on traveling across the US on train was informative and it sounds like something I might have to try someday.

http://dereklow.co/across-the-usa-by-tra...-just-213/

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-09-2015, 04:07 PM
I cant wait to see the pics for your next adventure.

Speaking of travel, have you ever watched that show "Idiot Abroad". Was quite entertaining.

Still no one wanting to see SC? Sadcryface its ok, I understand.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-09-2015, 04:46 PM
(23-09-2015 04:07 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I cant wait to see the pics for your next adventure.

Speaking of travel, have you ever watched that show "Idiot Abroad". Was quite entertaining.

Still no one wanting to see SC? Sadcryface its ok, I understand.

I've seen it, lived it, hated it, left it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-09-2015, 05:13 PM
I would swap houses with Marozz (Ireland) and Szuchow (Poland). I would love to travel to both places because of my heritage. I also would love to swap with Polyglot Atheist (Italy). And Banjo (Australia).
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
23-09-2015, 05:18 PM
I love to travel. Don't get the chance to do so as often as I would like. So far I have been in about 10 different countries, maybe 15 if I count ex YU republics.
In two weeks I'll be going to Slovenia , planning on a trip in the spring next year, not sure if Italy or Czech Republic.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 2 users Like Slowminded's post
23-09-2015, 06:01 PM
The ankle bracelet restricts me to a one mile radius. It's okay, I can travel vicariously through Stark's and Nurse's pics.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post