Travel Question--Attractions between Charlotte & Chicago

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Travel Question--Attractions between Charlotte & Chicago
I am trying to plan a trip with my sister in law for our families to meet up this coming summer. She is traveling from Chicago, we are traveling from Charlotte, NC. We want to meet somewhere in between that will be fun.

I figured since we have people from all over the US here, and many well travelled members that you all would have some ideas.

It doesn't have to be equal distance (but that is nice).
The kids are ages 8-13 (2 girls and boy), and 3 adults.
And we are planning on spending a few days--so other attractions in the general area to keep us occupied would be nice too.

One idea so far was Mammoth Cave, KY

Other ideas?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Travel Question--Attractions between Charlotte & Chicago
(30-12-2013 11:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I am trying to plan a trip with my sister in law for our families to meet up this coming summer. She is traveling from Chicago, we are traveling from Charlotte, NC. We want to meet somewhere in between that will be fun.

I figured since we have people from all over the US here, and many well travelled members that you all would have some ideas.

And we are planning on spending a few days--so other attractions in the general area to keep us occupied would be nice too.

Other ideas?

http://creationmuseum.org/

It could be a lot of fun to go in there and tell them how full of shit they are!Evil_monster

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
30-12-2013, 11:42 AM
(30-12-2013 11:35 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 11:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I am trying to plan a trip with my sister in law for our families to meet up this coming summer. She is traveling from Chicago, we are traveling from Charlotte, NC. We want to meet somewhere in between that will be fun.

Other ideas?

http://creationmuseum.org/

It could be a lot of fun to go in there and tell them how full of shit they are!Evil_monster

No thanks! There is another 'dinosaur' place, knowing the creation museum is nearby made me wonder if it was geared with science in mind, or fairytales.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
31-12-2013, 02:46 AM
Mammoth cave is a good idea.
kinda out of the way but really awesome is Cedar Point in Ohio, if your family is into amusement parks. (Disclaimer: I haven't actually been but I've always wanted to go. I hear they have great roller coasters)
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post