Traveling to the United States? Let me be your guide.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2012, 12:49 AM
RE: Traveling to the United States? Let me be your guide.
(20-04-2012 12:28 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  When I went to florida a couple of years ago I was TERRIFIED of the alligators and crocs. Planning another trip to the south in a bit and I know I'm going to get freaked out again. Confused Freaking overactive imagination does me wrong sometimes!
Know what you mean. We once went on this marathon car trip with many days spent camping and hiking. From California we went through the Southwest to the Rockies and up those to Jasper in Canada before heading home along the coast. Just my wife, my step son and I. For reading material we brought along a book titled something like "Bear Attacks". Every night we'd read about people having their faces ripped off or some other horror. Most memorable was the man who played dead until a bear had eaten all the skin and muscle off one of his arms before giving that up to fight and run. Ewww.

Originally we were planning a short overnight camping trip at Glacier N.P. But since that place is like the main place featured in the book we gradually changed our plans. First we decided to stay at a motel but take an all day hike in the park. Then we decided to take a shorter one. By the time we got there we had finished the book and simply drove through the park with our windows up .. at a good speed. Very scenic.

Imagination can really be a bear.

[Image: rSJ3y4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply