Treasonous traitor Trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 05:52 AM
RE: Treasonous traitor Trump
Incitatus.... Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2017, 06:42 AM
(13-01-2017 02:20 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 02:19 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  It's funny. I call muslims mudslimes and people bust out the race card. I call christians christards or nut jobs and nobody bats an eye.

To quote Vosur, "Stop putting words in my mouth". I didn't call you a racist. All I did was point out a fact.

I called him a racist multiple times but it wasn't because of comments in this thread. I called him a racist because of all the racist shit he's said previously. If the label fits...

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
14-01-2017, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 11:45 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(13-01-2017 11:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 10:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Regarding the discussion about treason, here's how it's defined in USC:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2381

It seems to me that a state of war is required for treason to be charged.

What Trump is involved in is obviously bad for the country. He's in over his head. Intelligence folks are, generally speaking, chess-players, and Putin is a master of the art. And the leaks we're seeing happen from American sources are happening, I think, precisely in order to deflate the information and reduce its utility as a lever. It's not that the Russians are amateur blackmailers -- the history of their spycraft shows that they are masters of all its details, including blackmail -- it's that the Russians aren't the only agents on the playing field.

I don't agree:
Quote:Definition of Treason
Treason is defined as "violation of allegiance toward one's country or sovereign, especially the betrayal of one's country by waging war against it or by consciously and purposely acting to aid its enemies."

Yes, I'm not using the colloquial meaning, because people in this thread are discussing impeachment. When we're talking about legal ramifications, it's apt to use the legal definition.

And according to Chief Justice Marshall in handing down the majority opinion in Ex Parte Bollman:

Quote:'Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.'
To constitute that specific crime for which the prisoners now before the court have been committed, war must be actually levied against the United States. However flagitious may be the crime of conspiring to subvert by force the government of our country, such conspiracy is not treason.
14-01-2017, 12:20 PM
(14-01-2017 05:52 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Incitatus.... Smile

Pubicus Penisicus Pence

Might as well find humor in all this insanity.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-01-2017, 04:04 PM
(14-01-2017 11:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 11:21 AM)Chas Wrote:  I don't agree:

Yes, I'm not using the colloquial meaning, because people in this thread are discussing impeachment. When we're talking about legal ramifications, it's apt to use the legal definition.

And according to Chief Justice Marshall in handing down the majority opinion in Ex Parte Bollman:

Quote:'Treason against the United States shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort.'
To constitute that specific crime for which the prisoners now before the court have been committed, war must be actually levied against the United States. However flagitious may be the crime of conspiring to subvert by force the government of our country, such conspiracy is not treason.

The second clause in no way requires war to be waged.

Quote:To constitute that specific crime for which the prisoners now before the court have been committed, war must be actually levied against the United States. However flagitious may be the crime of conspiring to subvert by force the government of our country, such conspiracy is not treason.

War was required in this specific instance. Waging war is not a requirement for treason.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user