Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-02-2012, 08:12 PM
RE: Treasure hunt
I hope you like it, I believe it should be fairly easy, but a little of effort may be necessary Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Uh, I'm guessing the oracle is google, but just to make sure, you do know that sometimes it gives differing results per country, right? will that effect the game? Or is it not google? Maybe I can use a proxy, what country are you in (if it's not in on your profile)?

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
27-02-2012, 08:21 PM
The answer to your question was given before you asked my friend, read carefully and you'll be enlightened

current hunt + list of previous winners
27-02-2012, 08:28 PM
(27-02-2012 08:21 PM)Treasure Wrote:  The answer to your question was given before you asked my friend, read carefully and you'll be enlightened

oh, crap.. I see it. Not sure how I missed it.

27-02-2012, 08:56 PM
I'm thinking that this starts with the Bible (book of Kings), the oracle is Delphi and the wise man must therefore be Socrates.

On the right track or not?

27-02-2012, 09:01 PM
the name of the oracle is said as well, read again as the answers lay in plain sight, but beware, do not mistake the wizard with the oracle as they are different both in nature and in kind.

27-02-2012, 09:11 PM
that didn't help. I think I'll pass on this one :-)

27-02-2012, 09:29 PM
(27-02-2012 09:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  that didn't help. I think I'll pass on this one :-)

You don't need to go back in time to ask the oracle, as she was born not many years ago, and grows every day nurtured with the knowledge of many.

27-02-2012, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2012 09:36 PM by DLJ.)
(27-02-2012 09:29 PM)Treasure Wrote:  
(27-02-2012 09:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  that didn't help. I think I'll pass on this one :-)

You don't need to go back in time to ask the oracle, as she was born not many years ago, and grows every day nurtured with the knowledge of many.

Mmm, I was thinking it was google (hint being "thousands") or wikipedia or just www (wise woman's words) but I was dissuaded from that line of thinking by your response to craniumonempty
So was that a "no" to Socrates?

27-02-2012, 09:40 PM
I might have to continue this later as my computer is acting up and I'm tired. However, just to make sure I'm in the right direction. I'm not really that far, but in the land of .. uh, winter after the.. uh, crowns. Does that sound like at least somewhat the right direction (for the second part)?