(29-02-2012 02:25 PM)Treasure Wrote:  No

Does it have to do with gaming?

No

current hunt + list of previous winners
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2012, 02:53 PM
RE: Treasure hunt
(29-02-2012 02:04 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Did you go through the entire list, Malleus? (I mean of M-class stars)

Not really. After trying about a million red eyes in literature, mythology, twilight and other crap, after dismissing the eye of Sauron, after the red herring with Jupiter's "Red Eye", after trying to find a red planet or red star in Star Wars... after looking at Jupiter's satellites, after looking at a lot of sites mentioning Proxima Centauri, after running into Gliese about 300 times, i finally googled "exoplanet larger than earth" and something about waterworld just yanked me by the eyes and I very pessimistically typed in... all in lower case. I was about to give up too when Leela suggested proper as-is case(no space) and I nearly didn't look at what happened after that. The rest is history. Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
29-02-2012, 02:56 PM
does it have to do with a movie?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
29-02-2012, 03:00 PM
(29-02-2012 02:56 PM)nach_in Wrote:  does it have to do with a movie?

No.

Leela found it because she knows me and she took a huge mental shortcut. The hunt is still open for the others

29-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Malleus did not give me extra hint but as I know him and his brain too well, I knew the password fast. I am not taking over
*gosh I am so nice... and stuff...*
(btw there was no hidden hint in this post and there wont come any from me, ask the Treasure)

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-02-2012, 03:02 PM
(29-02-2012 02:53 PM)Malleus Wrote:  
(29-02-2012 02:04 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Did you go through the entire list, Malleus? (I mean of M-class stars)

Not really. After trying about a million red eyes in literature, mythology, twilight and other crap, after dismissing the eye of Sauron, after the red herring with Jupiter's "Red Eye", after trying to find a red planet or red star in Star Wars... after looking at Jupiter's satellites, after looking at a lot of sites mentioning Proxima Centauri, after running into Gliese about 300 times, i finally googled "exoplanet larger than earth" and something about waterworld just yanked me by the eyes and I very pessimistically typed in... all in lower case. I was about to give up too when Leela suggested proper as-is case(no space) and I nearly didn't look at what happened after that. The rest is history. Big Grin

wow, no wonder you were worried about a red herring. Yeah, I was going to tell you about Gliese, but didn't really want to give it away. Yeah, Leela was listening. I must have said a few times that it was spelled how it was online, and I really didn't find it any other way except with the space. I didn't see the space at first, because NASA articles don't have it, but all the other sites that NASA links to do. Yeah, the waterworld was definitely the clue that I thought was going to make it way too easy, but didn't know if anyone would see it for what it was.

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
29-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Wow, that was easy, it was ".dope." never heard of them before, but google did Tongue

new password later Big Grin

Current winners:
1.rook2004: darwin
2.nach_in: sirius
3.DLJ: sappho
4.craniumonempty: television
5.DLJ: to____
6.Lilith Pride: theory
7.DLJ: dian_fossy (misspelled for Dian Fossey)
8.craniumonempty: password
9.Lilith Pride: unicorns
10.DLJ: ainu__
11.nach_in: thethinkingatheist
12.craniumonempty: aletheia
13.Malleus: GJ1214b
14.nach_in: .dope.
15.*active*

29-02-2012, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 03:17 PM by Malleus.)
Yeah, I told you it was easy

Leela hates this song. I don't Big Grin

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
29-02-2012, 04:02 PM
The first from past victories will give you the key to see the map to your quest, but that's only half of what you need.
But before you see, you must enter, take this as it will help you in your journey

MVIgNUQgMTBSIDhMIDEyRCAxMVIgOVUgNUwgMTBE

Only the best may find the truth hidden in plain sight, and only the clever can use the same thing for different purposes. The question remains, are you worthy?
If you are, you'll see the face of the one true god, his name will be your reward.