Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-02-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: Treasure hunt
ok I have several ideas but all lead into nothingness.
MVIgNUQgMTBSIDhMIDEyRCAxMVIgOVUgNUwgMTBE looks like a verification key of some kind so I tried to use it. I also get the first part of the riddle and tried variations of those to enter but I think I not worthy enough, and apart from that I am also tired now. Good luck to the others, nighty night.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2012, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 05:31 PM by craniumonempty.)
ah, poo, that site doesn't like Aurora on Puppy... might have to get to another pc to see what you are talking about

.. wait, I'll try on Opera.. uh, does it pop up another window (not the download window) before it will download? That might be the prob.
huh, well, opera isn't working either... I'll have to try another pc
I have this sneaky suspision that this stupid site only likes IE... please don't use it again... or is it part of the quest?
Hmm, not working on IE in windows 7 either... I think it's the most up to date with no popup blocker... Can you load the map somewhere else, or is this site part of the quest?

Defy gravity... stand up. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
29-02-2012, 05:50 PM
The treasure was stolen. Password changed from "flying spaghetti monster" to something else.

It's nearly midnight where I live so next hunt will most likely be tomorrow.

current hunt + list of previous winners
[+] 1 user Likes Treasure's post
29-02-2012, 05:57 PM
lol, yeah, should have tried to guess.. nach_in, was it a plate of spaghetti or something?

29-02-2012, 06:38 PM
(29-02-2012 05:57 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  lol, yeah, should have tried to guess.. nach_in, was it a plate of spaghetti or something?

[Image: Flying_Spaghetti_Monster.jpg]

29-02-2012, 09:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-02-2012 09:33 PM by nach_in.)
(29-02-2012 05:05 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  ah, poo, that site doesn't like Aurora on Puppy... might have to get to another pc to see what you are talking about

.. wait, I'll try on Opera.. uh, does it pop up another window (not the download window) before it will download? That might be the prob.
huh, well, opera isn't working either... I'll have to try another pc
I have this sneaky suspision that this stupid site only likes IE... please don't use it again... or is it part of the quest?
Hmm, not working on IE in windows 7 either... I think it's the most up to date with no popup blocker... Can you load the map somewhere else, or is this site part of the quest?

Sorry, I went out to visit a friend, it's weird it doesn't work, that site never gave me any problems. At first I tried to attach the file to the post, but it doesn't seem to work, that's why I uploaded it there. Here, try this one if you want Big Grin http://www.wupload.com/file/2669511477/Map.rar

Actually this was faster than I expected, guess I'll have to work harder for the next one Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
01-03-2012, 04:16 AM
This rusty chest dates from the 15th century.
Between chains and locks you see an inscription scratched on one of the sides:

"Busque el Creador (el primero que tu encuentra). Aproveche la oportunidad de iluminar tu alma inmortal, pero antes de salir, no se olvide de preguntarle acerca de Siddharta.
Pregúntele quién esa persona era y las cerraduras se abrirá si te acuerdas de las instrucciones del Señor incondicionalmente."

Current winners:
1.rook2004: darwin
2.nach_in: sirius
3.DLJ: sappho
4.craniumonempty: television
5.DLJ: to____
6.Lilith Pride: theory
7.DLJ: dian_fossy (misspelled for Dian Fossey)
8.craniumonempty: password
9.Lilith Pride: unicorns
10.DLJ: ainu__
11.nach_in: thethinkingatheist
12.craniumonempty: aletheia
13.Malleus: GJ1214b
14.nach_in: .dope.
15.Malleus: flying spaghetti monster
16: active...

01-03-2012, 02:04 PM
(01-03-2012 04:16 AM)Treasure Wrote:  This rusty chest dates from the 15th century.
Between chains and locks you see an inscription scratched on one of the sides:

"Busque el Creador (el primero que tu encuentra). Aproveche la oportunidad de iluminar tu alma inmortal, pero antes de salir, no se olvide de preguntarle acerca de Siddharta.
Pregúntele quién esa persona era y las cerraduras se abrirá si te acuerdas de las instrucciones del Señor incondicionalmente."

Ooh, Spanish... Ok, will the answer be in Spanish also? Will it be one word or a concept as it's written (uh, somewhere)? Or is that part of the game that we have to figure out?

01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
The answer is in English. As for the formatting, I will lay out general rules. Some or none or all may apply in this case, but the password will never NOT apply to these rules:

Caps are just as you find them. If there are capitals, use them. If there are spaces, they are used in the password. No punctuation.

01-03-2012, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 05:39 PM by craniumonempty.)
(01-03-2012 02:38 PM)Treasure Wrote:  The answer is in English. As for the formatting, I will lay out general rules. Some or none or all may apply in this case, but the password will never NOT apply to these rules:

Caps are just as you find them. If there are capitals, use them. If there are spaces, they are used in the password. No punctuation.

Ok, I meant to ask another question after trying a few things (the power cut off, so I was forced to go to the beach). I think I need another hint, because I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly... Uh, how about this. Is what we are looking for in wikipedia? Or should I look elsewhere?