Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
02-03-2012, 02:46 AM
RE: Treasure hunt
(01-03-2012 05:29 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Ok, I meant to ask another question after trying a few things (the power cut off, so I was forced to go to the beach). I think I need another hint, because I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly... Uh, how about this. Is what we are looking for in wikipedia? Or should I look elsewhere?

First of all no, not wikipedia.

Now I'd like to hint you, but it's kind of difficult without selling the answer. I would really prefer you to ask me the right questions.

OK: the 15th century and the spanish language are not essential for discovering the key. Together they provide a vague hint for understanding other words better. The key can be found without these references though. Perhaps easier without them.

current hunt + list of previous winners
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 06:29 AM
OK, let me put it differently. The answer is simple and it can theoretically be found in wikipedia but you will have no way to make any connection and know that it is what you're looking for. Wikipedia may help you along the way towards the answer, but only to fill whatever gaps in your knowledge and therefore it can be replaced by any other source.

03-03-2012, 04:32 AM
k that it is spanish is clear anyway. So let me put it this way. I have a problem with the following part of the riddle:
"Search for the Creator (the first one you found). Take the opportunity to enlighten your immortal soul, but before leaving, do not forget to ask about Siddhartha.
Ask who that person was and locks open if you remember the Lord's instructions unconditionally."
As you hinted that spain and 15th century are not nessasary and only vague hints I disregarded them.

Now:
Creator of what? If I go with the rest of the riddle I would say it has to do with either Siddarha's religion or with the religion he started. But I am not sure that this is the right direction. Anyway in that case I would have to go and ask about Brahmanism because that was his religion. But that religion has no single, first creator theory. It has lots of Gods so asking for one of them??? I doubt it.
Then I could ask ok, who made Brahmanism but seriously??? no again. As Brahmanism has no single god I can stop walking that direction.
So next I go with Buddhism. Siddharta Gautama is also known as The Buddah. But you wouldn't ask the Buddah about himself, would you? So again a dead end.
Although I think that the general direction is correct, but I have no idea how spain and 15th century would at all fit in this.
HINT???

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2012, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2012 04:43 AM by Treasure.)
Creator of what is a good question. It's equal to "Who is the Creator?"
If that is your current question, you're touching an important part, perhaps the most important. You figured out the obvious part of the quest. Siddharta is indeed Buddha.

Seeing that you ask me who the Creator is and seeing the red herrings you're following, I see proof that my spanish and 15th century hints were indeed necessary. To figure out who the Creator is do NOT disregard the language and century. Keep asking me questions if you need to.
Once you know who the Creator is, then it is the time to disregard the 2 disposable hints as they become useless for the key.

23-03-2012, 04:45 AM
bump?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
23-03-2012, 09:16 AM
sir, are you pushing the thread upwards?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2012, 11:45 AM
I was wondering if people still care about this game or if the treasure can be safely deleted.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

23-03-2012, 12:08 PM
why you want to kill it Sad

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
23-03-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 23-03-2012 05:41 PM by Malleus.)
I don't but if the thread dies, the purpose of the account is kinda defeated.

The current quest is not that difficult. It's a bit tricky and you may be required to do something silly to get the key, but it didn't even get the benefit of a 20 questions game. People asked the obvious parts and it's not enough. The part that was never asked requires a more... literal interpretation. But do ask. Hints are not for free.

23-03-2012, 05:47 PM
ok, I'll get to it later, now I must attend to some stupid thing called real life... but I'll be back!! Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]