Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-02-2012, 11:37 AM
RE: Treasure hunt
(24-02-2012 06:02 AM)Treasure Wrote:  The password has changed. Big Grin

[Should we also include info about who found the password and what the previous password was?]

The new password is a celestial body (no Erx, NOT aurora2020), and also a character in a beloved work of fiction. As before, it is all lower case, and one word.

Be conservative--you only get five guesses! Incognito mode in your browser is useful for guessing; it lets you stay logged in inside your other browser windows.

I'd like to have the answers revealed when guessed correctly please. Big Grin

Ok, my first question, is the character a male or female?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Eeps I got locked out of the account for trying to guess =p Ad Kineo that one was already answered.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I thought it was changed again with a new hint since that was asked the last time. Huh
24-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty sure we're still on the celestial body one. My name just didn't work Q_Q I tried it 5 times Q_Q

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
24-02-2012, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 01:41 PM by nach_in.)
WOW! that was fast :/ anyway, fyi, the first password was "darwin" easy as it was just the first.
We should post the answer once we got it, so other players know it, otherwise it's just frustrating, and questions are not only yes or no questions, but it shouldn't be so complex that makes the answer to obvious, this in any case is for the current treasure to judge Big Grin

And we could use the signature of the treasure to keep a scores table Smile

EDIT: question! what was first, the name of the celestial body or the fictional charachter's?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 2 users Like nach_in's post
24-02-2012, 01:43 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 01:51 PM by DLJ.)
(24-02-2012 06:02 AM)Treasure Wrote:  The password has changed. Big Grin

[Should we also include info about who found the password and what the previous password was?]

The new password is a celestial body (no Erx, NOT aurora2020), and also a character in a beloved work of fiction. As before, it is all lower case, and one word.

Be conservative--you only get five guesses! Incognito mode in your browser is useful for guessing; it lets you stay logged in inside your other browser windows.

Would that beloved work of fiction be Shakespearean?
... or Tolkien?
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-02-2012, 02:03 PM
(24-02-2012 06:28 AM)Leela Wrote:  @ nach_in :question about the overall rules. Can we only ask yes no questions?

I declare the answer no.

(24-02-2012 06:30 AM)craniumonempty Wrote:  is it a star?

It is. Smile

(24-02-2012 11:37 AM)kineo Wrote:  Ok, my first question, is the character a male or female?

The beloved fictional character is male.

(24-02-2012 01:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  And we could use the signature of the treasure to keep a scores table Smile

Done.

(24-02-2012 01:33 PM)nach_in Wrote:  EDIT: question! what was first, the name of the celestial body or the fictional charachter's?

The fictional character is probably named for the celestial body. Smile

(24-02-2012 01:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Would that beloved work of fiction be Shakespearean?
... or Tolkien?

Neither. Smile

current hunt + list of previous winners
24-02-2012, 02:08 PM
It's not female? I call shenanigans this game is operating from bias.

hmmmm is the character feminine in actions?

24-02-2012, 02:28 PM
AYE!! the password was sirius Big Grin

I agree with Lilith, too many men in the passwords already, so this time is a female historical charachter, should Lilith find this one I guess she'll be glad with the choice (I hope) Big Grin

EDIT: btw, I'm preparing a hard one for the next time I get the treasure mwahahaha (this may or may not be nach_in talking)

current hunt + list of previous winners
24-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Ah! I was thinking Titania, Oberon, Ariel and Charon. I confess I don't know Sirius as a fictional character.

My breath is baited for the next clue