Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-02-2012, 02:35 PM
RE: Treasure hunt
Sorry Lilith, it was the first thing I thought of. nach got your back now. Wink

Given the speed with which this is going, I propose that one not be allowed to win within 24 hours of the previous win, and if we decide to guess it anyway we'd damn well better keep it to ourselves. (Also, maybe we ought to keep the rules in the Treasure profile's bio?)

Doesn't mean we shouldn't ask questions though!

Okay, was this female historical charachter a scientist?
(24-02-2012 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah! I was thinking Titania, Oberon, Ariel and Charon. I confess I don't know Sirius as a fictional character.

My breath is baited for the next clue

Harry Potter. Big GrinBlush
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 02:36 PM
(24-02-2012 02:35 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Sorry Lilith, it was the first thing I thought of. nach got your back now. Wink

Given the speed with which this is going, I propose that one not be allowed to win within 24 hours of the previous win, and if we decide to guess it anyway we'd damn well better keep it to ourselves.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't ask questions though!

Okay, was this female historical charachter a scientist?
(24-02-2012 02:32 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah! I was thinking Titania, Oberon, Ariel and Charon. I confess I don't know Sirius as a fictional character.

My breath is baited for the next clue

Harry Potter. Big GrinBlush

Ah, thanks, that explains it. I was away that day.
24-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Was this woman historical fiction or actual history? character has me confused. Was she royalty?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Was this historical female figure from the 1900's, or before, or after?
24-02-2012, 02:46 PM
(24-02-2012 02:43 PM)kineo Wrote:  Was this historical female figure from the 1900's, or before, or after?

two words or just the surname?
24-02-2012, 03:07 PM
She wasn't a scientist, she was an actual person from real history, way before 1900s and it's just her name, as they didn't have surnames back then, like cher or maddona Tongue

current hunt + list of previous winners
24-02-2012, 03:09 PM
@rook2004 About the speed of the game, in order to avoid rules like "nobody can within 24 hours of the previous" we should make more interesting riddles, I'm sure that smart people like you can make really awesome conundrums... this easy ones should be just a warm up for you guys and girls Wink
And the rules are in the first post of this thread, I'll make an edit to make it clearer if you want me to Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-02-2012, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 03:14 PM by rook2004.)
(24-02-2012 03:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  @rook2004 About the speed of the game, in order to avoid rules like "nobody can within 24 hours of the previous" we should make more interesting riddles, I'm sure that smart people like you can make really awesome conundrums... this easy ones should be just a warm up for you guys and girls Wink
And the rules are in the first post of this thread, I'll make an edit to make it clearer if you want me to Big Grin

I was more worried that it would be hard to participate for people who, unlike me, have a life and can't spend hours on here waiting for the next clue. I'll just do what I think is necessary to handicap myself. Wink
Did this historical woman live in what is now the continent of Europe?
24-02-2012, 03:22 PM
hehehe... the best I can think of is make actual riddles and not simple question/answer clues, so the answer is there all the time and we only need to ask questions to clarify some points or to know we are going in the right direction. something that requires some detective work Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
24-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Can I just check, please; treasure is the Id, right? all lower case?