Treasure hunt

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-02-2012, 05:35 PM
RE: Treasure hunt
is this in portuguese? you're killing me!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2012, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 05:41 PM by Treasure.)
hmm, maybe more clues

3) it doesn't mean "here"
4) it's a shortened form of a longer word

... yes, portuguese

remember that however long it is (it's <6) make up the diff with underscores, so a word "xxxx" would be "xxxx__" to make it 6 characters

current hunt + list of previous winners
24-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Maxed out trying lol...
24-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I'm clueless, I never realized that I never say anything to people when they ask me for things, I feel rude and ignorant right now :O

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 3 users Like nach_in's post
24-02-2012, 05:59 PM
(24-02-2012 05:52 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm clueless, I never realized that I never say anything to people when they ask me for things, I feel rude and ignorant right now :O

yer not the only one, dude!

I'm thinking through my extensive lexicon of portugese words (approx ... zero!) to find a short form of...
take this, gitface
or
for you, my leige
or
get it yourself next time

I think I'll graciously allow someone else to get this one.
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
24-02-2012, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2012 06:46 PM by Treasure.)
hmm, not sure how to make it easier without giving it away... Ill think of something

uh, it's what she says when she's giving me something. Some people in English say "here" when they hand you something to let you know to take it.

I underestimated how easy this was, because I hear it all the time. Well, pretty much every day for the last 10 years. Well, maybe every other day.
Ah, here is a clue that might help someone to solve it easily. You will find it spelled out in a majority of posts on this site.. even though it's pronounced differently in portuguese.

... lol, I feel so wrong. I'm fixing someone's computer. Ri.. uh, backing up a dvd, playing solitare, watching their tv, and posting here... maybe i should just finish the pc, huh?
hmm, did I chase everyone off with portuguese... well, poo... I'll think things through next time. Didn't think I'd actually win...

Let me know if you are still playing. I'm done with work finally (amazing how quick it was when I wanted to finish), so may not stay up for that much longer.

24-02-2012, 07:59 PM
(24-02-2012 06:09 PM)Treasure Wrote:  hmm, not sure how to make it easier without giving it away... Ill think of something

uh, it's what she says when she's giving me something. Some people in English say "here" when they hand you something to let you know to take it.

I underestimated how easy this was, because I hear it all the time. Well, pretty much every day for the last 10 years. Well, maybe every other day.
Ah, here is a clue that might help someone to solve it easily. You will find it spelled out in a majority of posts on this site.. even though it's pronounced differently in portuguese.

... lol, I feel so wrong. I'm fixing someone's computer. Ri.. uh, backing up a dvd, playing solitare, watching their tv, and posting here... maybe i should just finish the pc, huh?
hmm, did I chase everyone off with portuguese... well, poo... I'll think things through next time. Didn't think I'd actually win...

Let me know if you are still playing. I'm done with work finally (amazing how quick it was when I wanted to finish), so may not stay up for that much longer.

Ok, gieven that latest clue the answer must be... LOL. OMG or WTF
25-02-2012, 12:42 AM
I remember reading this somewhere but I can't find it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
25-02-2012, 03:12 AM
Hmm, overnight and still nobody has the treasure...

Ok, last clue. It's like the previous one, except not so misleading. Plus if you can't solve it with this clue, then I'll just have to give it away or change it.

(don't forget underscores to make the word 6 characters)

CLUE: it's one of the most used words in the English language.

25-02-2012, 05:06 AM (This post was last modified: 25-02-2012 05:50 AM by Treasure.)
... well, it spells one of the most used words in the English language. Seriously, it's like in the top 5 (according to some websites). I'll explain the portuguese part after it's guessed.

... I just hope I didn't kill the game simply because I couldn't think of something better. I kind of like it.
I say! That last one was a toughy!

Next one...
[one word, lower case]
Clue:
This is initially fact thence law thence
hypothesis before being modified whence
evolved into a unifying framework that despite
overwhelming evidence is on sight
rejected by apologists and
young earth creationists

[sheer bloody poetry!]