Trekkie Thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 07:36 AM
RE: Trekkie Thread.
I used to hate Star Trek The Next Generation as my dad used to allways watch it daily on Sky One and it used to clash with Gamesmaster that was on channel 4...... however....... slowly over time I forgot gamesmaster and fell in love with Star Trek Smile

Ive seen a lot of the originals but ive seen every single one of the Next Generation. I never used to like Whoopi Goldberg though as the Bar owner as I never liked her in any of her films Confused

I was also a young teenager with raging hormones.... Deanna Troi was SOOOO hot but I used to like Tasha Yar more ....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqWCh8k5DRxPHD-LK4bjo...SDMzqCx9tc]

Drooling

..... that is till that fooking oil slick thing killed her Angry

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
26-07-2012, 08:15 AM
I thought you people preferred the name trekkers?

I am a fan of TNG and DS9. Original series is ok but Voyager sucked and so did Enterprise.

Picard is awesome and I love Stewart as an actor and he seems like a pretty cool guy. Favorite character for me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
26-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Who is Stewart? Call him by his rightful name Captain Jean-Luc Picard!

As for trekkers, trekkers would be people who go trekking? You know, mountaineering? Walking around the mountain?

To trek - To make a slow or arduous journey
- To journey on foot, especially to hike through mountainous areas

So, no we are trekkies, I used to be a trekker as well, but not anymore.

My god, my head is going to explode from all this intelligence and smartness. OH NO!

I have to go stupidify myself...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
26-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Trekkers are people who enjoy Star Trek.
Trekkies are people who live in their mom's basement and breathe through their mouth.

But you kids here...I'm just shaking my head...you kids aren't talking about Star Trek at all. I'm not sure what strange shows you're referring too, but I haven't seen one reference to Star Trek in this thread...Until now!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
26-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Gotta agree with Erx... but there's no reason old school can't still be a happening thing.
[Image: partyspock.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
26-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I started watching all the trekki stuff at around 8 or 9 years old.
So it was The Start Trek series, you know, Kirk, Spok, etc... And there was this one episode that got me SO SCARED!!
So I was alone at home, I was always allowed to stay up until 9 on Fridays, and Star Trek started at 8 on Fridays, so guess what...
In the episode there was some kind of red wobbly ball thing, that burnt the people it touched to death. Me, at this age used to the smurfs and gummybears, not expecting this to look so "real" (today I face palm at the "special effects").
I turned on all lights, I contantly checked under the table/chairs, bedroom. I was so scared, unbelievable.
BUT I did not stop watching! *not stubborn at all*

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
26-07-2012, 01:03 PM
(26-07-2012 04:11 AM)Leela Wrote:  odo was the frigging coolest! just watch DS9 again and you will find out for yourself!

I used to wonder if Odo was good or bad all the time. Quark creeped me right out, I couldn't watch some scenes (when I was younger).

(26-07-2012 08:49 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Trekkers are people who enjoy Star Trek.
Trekkies are people who live in their mom's basement and breathe through their mouth.

But you kids here...I'm just shaking my head...you kids aren't talking about Star Trek at all. I'm not sure what strange shows you're referring too, but I haven't seen one reference to Star Trek in this thread...Until now!

You sound like my uncle. Alas,

[Image: trek2.jpg]

(26-07-2012 08:49 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Of course you did that! And yeah, I laughed.

My favourite meme of all time:

[Image: trek.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
26-07-2012, 04:33 PM
In the Federation.... there's no such thing as "sloppy seconds". Wink
[Image: mmmSpock.jpg]

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-07-2012, 04:42 PM
(26-07-2012 04:33 PM)kim Wrote:  In the Federation.... there's no such thing as "sloppy seconds". Wink
[Image: mmmSpock.jpg]

Ha ha, love it. For a split second, Loyd from Dumb and Dumber flashed through my mind. Laugh out load
26-07-2012, 05:17 PM
I grew up with the original series although I do like most of the others.

I loved the new(ish) Star Trek movie.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)