Trekkie Thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2012, 01:00 AM
RE: Trekkie Thread.
(02-08-2012 12:55 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 12:49 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  For someone who's not quite a big fan you sure have a lot to discuss with the fans... Hmmm. Consider

I'm going to start calling you Quark. Cool

There's lots of things that I'm not a "big fan" of, but still do. Besides, there were only 3 TV stations when I was a kid. If it was a choice between Champion the Wonderhorse, Star Trek or indoor bowling... I'd go for Star Trek every time. Which doesn't make me a Trekkie.

I mean, I knew that the outside world existed... but we get a lot of rain in the UK.

Nice try QUARK, but there are more than three channels now- heck there are hundreds, plus netflix, plus youtube and a whole world wide web. You're here. Stuck on this channel?

It's okay... you can stay aboard the USS Enterprise... maybe even run a little shady business or two, with your ferengi rules. But we'll be watching you....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
02-08-2012, 01:01 AM
(02-08-2012 01:00 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nice try QUARK, but there are more than three channels now- heck there are hundreds, plus netflix, plus youtube and a whole world wide web. You're here. Stuck on this channel?

It's okay... you can stay aboard the USS Enterprise... maybe even run a little shady business or two, with your ferengi rules. But we'll be watching you....

Are you basically doing LARP, right now? Smile

Is DS9 worth watching? I've never seen it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2012, 01:21 AM
(02-08-2012 01:01 AM)Red Celt Wrote:  
(02-08-2012 01:00 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Nice try QUARK, but there are more than three channels now- heck there are hundreds, plus netflix, plus youtube and a whole world wide web. You're here. Stuck on this channel?

Are you basically doing LARP, right now? Smile

Is DS9 worth watching? I've never seen it.

I may be LARPing (see sign. below)

I don't think my opinion will count if DS9 is worth watching, since I think Start Trek is worth watching and you so far do not.
02-08-2012, 02:00 AM
(02-08-2012 01:21 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I don't think my opinion will count if DS9 is worth watching, since I think Start Trek is worth watching and you so far do not.

What?

I said that I preferred Space 1999 to the original ST. I didn't say that I didn't like ST. It was a preference thing. Next Generation I hated (the whole over-reliance on the holo deck). Enterprise, I like.

It is possible to like something without getting obsessed about it. Recognising that something has flaws does not stop you from watching it, or liking it.
02-08-2012, 03:11 AM
I simply refuse to listen to you, Quark. You do not like Captain Picard? You are a BLASPHEMER! TNG is like a Bible. It is the Word, Word is the Flesh and that Shit.

Big Grin

DS9 is OK, but I didn't like it that much. It gets better the more you watch it, when that war with Dominion starts...

I don't know why you hate TNG so much, it's not like every episode is in holodeck, in fact I never thought they overdid the holodeck use. Maybe you just run into some episodes with that? How about you give it another try?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
02-08-2012, 03:27 AM
(02-08-2012 03:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  I don't know why you hate TNG so much, it's not like every episode is in holodeck, in fact I never thought they overdid the holodeck use. Maybe you just run into some episodes with that? How about you give it another try?

I didn't make it past the first series. I really can't remember how many episodes I watched. I've been doing my very best to mind bleach those that I did see.

At the time, I wish that I'd had the money to hire some hit men for the writers of Next Gen. Or at least had them restrained in a dark room, while I shouted something similar to this in their retarded faces:-

"They're in a space ship. They have the entire universe to explore.

Angry

So take them out there and explore in (their) real world... don't have them recreating a virtual version of The Great Gasby in the holo deck yet-a-fucking-gain, you unimaginative wankstains on the bedsheet of humanity!"

Ahem.

Undecided

So... no. I won't try and revisit ST NG. I'll stick with the ST spin-offs that don't feature holo decks.
02-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Well, you can always start watching an episode and turn it off when you see the undesired theme. Then start watching the next one. Because, when TNG meets Borg, that part is the best of all ST. I agree that there are boring episodes. I personally do not like their constant returning to present day Earth and I can see the frustration a holodeck can create.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
02-08-2012, 03:54 AM
(02-08-2012 03:40 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, you can always start watching an episode and turn it off when you see the undesired theme. Then start watching the next one. Because, when TNG meets Borg, that part is the best of all ST. I agree that there are boring episodes. I personally do not like their constant returning to present day Earth and I can see the frustration a holodeck can create.

I think I watched some Borg episodes. 2 of my work colleagues (at the time) were big fans and they'd talk about the previous night's episode during the quieter moments of the working day. They got very excited about the whole Borg thing, and I dipped my toe back into it to catch some of those episodes.

But I didn't become assimilated. Wink

I think that those episodes were written by proper writers when the usual writers went off on vacation for a couple of weeks.

"So, then... here's that bottle of tequila I promised you... So tell me, how did the writing go while we were away? We haven't done ancient Venice in the holo deck, yet... Wait. What the FUCK is that cube-shaped spaceship!?"
[+] 1 user Likes Red Celt's post
16-08-2012, 11:56 PM
[Image: ScreenShot2012-08-17at120739AM.png]
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
07-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Check out Google today! 46 anniversary. Tee hee.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post