Trial by (gay) stereotype

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Trial by (gay) stereotype
I.o.w. prejudice. In the case of 2 Cameroonian men. They 'looked like' gay men, they 'acted like' gay men, so they were put in jail – for a year! "Awaiting their trial" – on charges of being gay.
Of course they probably were, but that's not the point. The point is they were incarcerated for a year on charges without legal evidence! I.e. trumped up charges!

Malevolent prejudice is still rife in central Africa too. And justice virtually impossible to come by.

[Image: BBCNews-Cameroongaysexmenacquitted201301...ac8c44.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 04:43 PM
RE: Trial by (gay) stereotype
It's their cultures, thus their right.

Morality is subject to cultures.
[+] 1 user Likes namiloveyou's post
07-01-2013, 04:59 PM
(07-01-2013 04:37 PM)Janus Wrote:  I.o.w. prejudice. In the case of 2 Cameroonian men. They 'looked like' gay men, they 'acted like' gay men, so they were put in jail – for a year! "Awaiting their trial" – on charges of being gay.
Of course they probably were, but that's not the point. The point is they were incarcerated for a year on charges without legal evidence! I.e. trumped up charges!

Malevolent prejudice is still rife in central Africa too. And justice virtually impossible to come by.

Damn. I must be gay too, I love Bailey's Cream.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2013, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 06:05 PM by Janus.)
(07-01-2013 04:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 04:37 PM)Janus Wrote:  I.o.w. prejudice. In the case of 2 Cameroonian men. They 'looked like' gay men, they 'acted like' gay men, so they were put in jail – for a year! "Awaiting their trial" – on charges of being gay.

Damn. I must be gay too, I love Bailey's Cream.

Better watch it if you go on a safari to the lowland gorillas.

Oh, BTW and FYI: those 500 pound gorilla silverbacks have 3 inch penises. Now, whales OTOH...

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Janus's post
07-01-2013, 05:09 PM
(07-01-2013 04:43 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  It's their cultures, thus their right.

Their morality is not the subject. Their corrupt 'justice' is.
07-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(07-01-2013 05:09 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 04:43 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  It's their cultures, thus their right.

Their morality is not the subject. Their corrupt 'justice' is.
which stems for their morality.

if they choose to imprison gays without due process, it's their own right/prerogative.
07-01-2013, 05:37 PM
(07-01-2013 05:24 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:09 PM)Janus Wrote:  Their morality is not the subject. Their corrupt 'justice' is.

if they choose to imprison gays without due process, it's their own right/prerogative.
By that logic, it was ok for the Nazi's to do what they did. What an id-ee-o-toe. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-01-2013, 05:59 PM
(07-01-2013 05:24 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:09 PM)Janus Wrote:  Their morality is not the subject. Their corrupt 'justice' is.

Nami, how did you come to enjoy people disagreeing with you so much? This is not a put down, I am actually interested what makes you enjoy this. It seems counter productive...yet you thrive on it.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-01-2013, 06:09 PM
(07-01-2013 05:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:24 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  which stems for their morality.

Nami, how did you come to enjoy people disagreeing with you so much? This is not a put down, I am actually interested what makes you enjoy this. It seems counter productive...yet you thrive on it.

Probably just a phase, Dom. We all go through it. Some get through it faster than others, though.
07-01-2013, 06:14 PM
(07-01-2013 06:09 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Nami, how did you come to enjoy people disagreeing with you so much? This is not a put down, I am actually interested what makes you enjoy this. It seems counter productive...yet you thrive on it.

Probably just a phase, Dom. We all go through it. Some get through it faster than others, though.

Yeah, but some of the statements are pretty extreme, s/he is really trying hard to get people to dislike her.