Trial by (gay) stereotype

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: Trial by (gay) stereotype
(08-01-2013 09:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:07 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Anything goes morally. get that in your fucking thick skull...
No one here believes that, get that through your thick skull.

Morality has an evolutionary basis and is collectively determined.

Your thinking is likely to get you killed.
Actually I believe and agree 100% with what namiloveyou has said here, very good statement
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 11:42 AM
(09-01-2013 07:34 AM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 01:25 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  i don't fucking care.

As morals are subjective, we cannot say they are wholly wrong in acting as they do. You are all getting vexated about this "bad" act, I personally don't care that much. Your opinions as to how it's "bad" mean little in an absolute sense.

The only good Africans ever make is slaves anyhow.

How do you go from "morality is subjective" to "anything goes"? Morals do not exist in an isolated cube. They involve other people. Sure, some people think it's fine to kill gays, but I don't, and the gay people don't either.

To ignore something that bothers you because morality is subjective is to pretend you live in isolation from the rest of the world. Do you oppose rape? Well under your thinking, if someone is being raped you wouldn't do shit about it, because there is nothing absolutely wrong about it. That is irrelevant. You acknowledge that the rapist wants to rape, but you think it is wrong and you intervene. You don't let someone commit what you believe to be horrible crimes just because he has a different moral code than you. What then if someone tries to murder you? Are you to let him succeed because there is nothing inherently wrong about killing? Of course you fucking care. You fight back because you don't want to die.

How can you oppose something so horrible yet simply accept it? We don't live in bubbles and pretending we do means your morals mean jack shit. Morality is something we feel ourselves, but it applies to other people. If you oppose rape you don't want people to be raped. If you oppose imprisoning gays you don't want gays to be imprisoned.

If everyone agreed that morals only apply to ourselves, then no one would be imprisoning anyone. We'd be leaving each other alone. But throwing gays in jail is forcing one's morals on them. Either you also apply your morals outside of your mind, or you are opening the door for a one-sided conflict of "might means right".

Subjectivity does not mean "anything goes". Some of us care about other people. Some of us care about ourselves. So when we see injustice, we want to do something about it.
Moral subjectivism means that all moral systems are of equal value.

I don't actually fucking care if gays are "abused" in Africa. as morality is subjective, their cultures lend to that oppression.
09-01-2013, 12:25 PM
(09-01-2013 08:12 AM)HailMeNow Wrote:  
(08-01-2013 09:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  No one here believes that, get that through your thick skull.

Morality has an evolutionary basis and is collectively determined.

Your thinking is likely to get you killed.
Actually I believe and agree 100% with what namiloveyou has said here, very good statement
No one of intelligence agrees with you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2013, 05:23 PM
There is such a thing as a collective human morality. Whether that is determined by biology or collective human culture is of no significance for the sake of this discussion. It does exist. Get that through your thick fucking skull.

09-01-2013, 08:49 PM
You know Chas, if you were to ban namiloveyou and hailmenow and said they were from the same IP address, nobody would be the wiser.

I'm just sayin. Drinking Beverage

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
10-01-2013, 10:38 AM
(09-01-2013 08:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You know Chas, if you were to ban namiloveyou and hailmenow and said they were from the same IP address, nobody would be the wiser.

I'd have to cook the evidence. Too much effort. Dodgy

10-01-2013, 08:38 PM
(10-01-2013 10:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 08:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You know Chas, if you were to ban namiloveyou and hailmenow and said they were from the same IP address, nobody would be the wiser.

I'd have to cook the evidence. Too much effort. Dodgy

[Image: aafzvt.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
10-01-2013, 09:11 PM
(10-01-2013 08:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-01-2013 10:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'd have to cook the evidence. Too much effort. Dodgy

[Image: aafzvt.jpg]

Drinking Beverage

I can certainly trust evidence from a Photoshop guru. Drinking Beverage

10-01-2013, 09:16 PM
It's legit I swear...
[Image: shiftyeyes.gif]

10-01-2013, 09:18 PM
(10-01-2013 09:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's legit I swear...
[Image: shiftyeyes.gif]

You can tell by looking at the pixels, right? Smartass