• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2013, 06:51 PM
RE: Trial by (gay) stereotype
We've all been young.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 06:57 PM
Meh, 1year is pretty tame for Africa in relation to gays.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
07-01-2013, 08:35 PM
Big Grin

"Just because they were wearing women's clothes and had make up..."

Loved that.

Let's arrest all women who wear pants/trousers, while we're about it.

Second thoughts, let's just arrest everyone who looks really crap in a dress.

*and I think to myself, what a wonderful world*

07-01-2013, 09:51 PM
(07-01-2013 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:24 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  which stems for their morality.

if they choose to imprison gays without due process, it's their own right/prerogative.
By that logic, it was ok for the Nazi's to do what they did. What an id-ee-o-toe. Weeping
Morality is subjective, thus anything goes.
07-01-2013, 09:52 PM
(07-01-2013 05:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:24 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  which stems for their morality.

if they choose to imprison gays without due process, it's their own right/prerogative.

Nami, how did you come to enjoy people disagreeing with you so much? This is not a put down, I am actually interested what makes you enjoy this. It seems counter productive...yet you thrive on it.
Does a person need their views to be validated by others?

Disagreement doesn't equate with invalidity.
07-01-2013, 09:53 PM
(07-01-2013 06:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 06:09 PM)Janus Wrote:  Probably just a phase, Dom. We all go through it. Some get through it faster than others, though.

Yeah, but some of the statements are pretty extreme, s/he is really trying hard to get people to dislike her.
No more than those in common society.
08-01-2013, 08:27 AM
(07-01-2013 06:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Meh, 1year is pretty tame for Africa in relation to gays.

Oh I guess it's OK then.
08-01-2013, 12:06 PM
(07-01-2013 09:51 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 05:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  By that logic, it was ok for the Nazi's to do what they did. What an id-ee-o-toe. Weeping
Morality is subjective, thus anything goes.
Do the gay people being imprisoned agree with the punishment? That morality differs between cultures does not mean we shouldn't do anything about things we disagree with.

It's that old "if we are tolerant, we have to tolerate intolerance" crap. It doesn't work that way. You tolerate things you don't like, except when it involves people who don't want to be involved. Acknowledging differences in morality is not the same as accepting them.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
(08-01-2013 12:06 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  
(07-01-2013 09:51 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  Morality is subjective, thus anything goes.
Do the gay people being imprisoned agree with the punishment? That morality differs between cultures does not mean we shouldn't do anything about things we disagree with.

It's that old "if we are tolerant, we have to tolerate intolerance" crap. It doesn't work that way. You tolerate things you don't like, except when it involves people who don't want to be involved. Acknowledging differences in morality is not the same as accepting them.
i don't fucking care.

As morals are subjective, we cannot say they are wholly wrong in acting as they do. You are all getting vexated about this "bad" act, I personally don't care that much. Your opinions as to how it's "bad" mean little in an absolute sense.

The only good Africans ever make is slaves anyhow.
08-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Just because we believe that being Gay is acceptable, it is purely a matter of opinion and we should allow these countries the right to also hold an opinion that they will now allow it! If they disagree with the law what is the fucking point in having the law there? These people live in a very christian country and I commend their leaders for sticking to their beliefs and not giving into the pressure of protestors!