Trick or treat’ rules rile ACLU

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2010, 04:57 PM

Trick or treat’ rules rile ACLU
I think it's relativism and the competition that ticks them off. Sunday night worship of a Jewish zombie and commune with it through the symbolic consumption of blood and flesh, while ghoul costumed children walk outside and past the church begging for candy, just because they're cute is simply unacceptable. Tongue Because kids do it for fun and candy, and Christos do it to buy their soul back from their god that put it on the auction block in the first place.

2TheAdvocate Article
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 07:15 PM
RE: Trick or treat’ rules rile ACLU
That's what you get for living in Louisiana.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I don't know who to facepalm at more, the people who want the holiday moved, or the people who find religious meaning in the holiday.

Everyone I know celebrates it because it is fun. That's it. It's just a fun holiday.

[Image: 4hs9p5.png]

"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame gays than let orphans have a family."
-Stephen Colbert
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Before I say anything... let me note that it is my favorite holiday.Big Grin

"people who find religious meaning in the holiday."

Actually... it is a religious holiday. It was originally called "All Hallo's Eve." And it is right before all saints day for a reason. It was supposedy the night when the Devil and his evil minnions roamed about causing trouble for one night. lol

People have long ago forgotten that it is a religious holiday... and I'm hoping they will someday forget that Christmas is one as well. ^_^

As far as the whole ACLU thing... everyone is making too big a deal out of this. I remember being a kid on Halloween. All I cared about then was getting as much candy as possible and having a better costume than my friends... oh yeah... and playing jokes on the neighbors.
Wink

Most of those kids will just forget whatever the churchies told them in the middle of a pumpkin shaped reeses cup... so why should we get all uptight over this?

Wink
27-10-2010, 09:56 PM

(27-10-2010 09:24 PM)skycomet the Fallen Angel Wrote:  Before I say anything... let me note that it is my favorite holiday.Big Grin

"people who find religious meaning in the holiday."

Actually... it is a religious holiday. It was originally called "All Hallo's Eve." And it is right before all saints day for a reason. It was supposedy the night when the Devil and his evil minnions roamed about causing trouble for one night. lol

Actually, it is indeed a religious holiday however, the Christians Devil has nothing to do with it.
Today's Halloween, is a Christian invention though like unto Christs mass, it has become a retail exploitation.

"Halloween" was first known as Samhain. It is/was a harvest celebration, when the crops were harvested and the stores were stocked in preparation and celebration of the earths autumn readiness for a winters slumber.
Samhain was also the season of the spirits, or the communion with the departed loved one's who had either passed that year/cycle or well before.
Often, Samhain (Pronounced, "Sow-en") often included what was called a "Dumb supper". Because the dead were on the other side of the veil, between life and death, and Samhain is seen as that time of season when that veil is at it's thinnest, the family table would be set for dinner, but backwards. So as to allow the dead who see this world from their dimension which is a mirror opposite of life, would enjoy a reminder of former days. A place setting(s) would be laid on the table for that departed loved one(s).

Often, during the period of the church Inquisition especially in old Europe, where Pagans and accused "witches" were hunted, or "outed" just on word alone to the Inquisition, and the punishment of burning at the stake (which never occurred in America's Salem), guillotine or hanging(which was the method of punishment employed at Salem, save for one exception in the form of "pressing", in which rocks were piled atop a board, upon the victim Giles Corey), the Samhain celebration had to be kept secret. As did any Pagan rite-craft that was ever employed by the ancient pre-Christian peoples of old Europe.

This is why today's, "traditional Witches" who claim to have descended from ancient European "covens", possessing ancient "Books of Shadows" (magic & ritual diaries) is incredible. The Pagans of old Europe were , by and large, illiterate. Saving that, they were also not stupid. Had the rare exception among them been able to read and write, they would have also possessed the sense enough to know one did not write down any old rituals or traditional family rites for the harvest, planting, child birth, etc... unless they had a death wish.

So, suffice to say, today's Halloween like virtually every Christian calendar celebration, not to mention the days of the week on our calendar, as well as the Christ myth itself, was all stolen from the ancient Pagans.
So much for that pesky 8th commandment, no? Perhaps it doesn't apply since it's not really stealing when it can be sold as stealing the "Devil's rites" (Another theft, as the Christian's Devil, the antithesis of their god, was actually created to demonize the horned God of the hunt, or the sympathetic magical representation of the stag, which was a food source and as such was revered in that manner, by the ancients) so as to bring them to new light under Christ!
28-10-2010, 06:27 AM

I live in Ohio and we're trick or treating tonight (Oct 28th). In general the communities here try to have it on the 31st, but Friday's are High School football (which is our religion) so they move it if it's on Friday, and Saturday and Sunday both get tricky with Police coverage and many peoples plans so they move it if its on the weekend too, so Ta Dah it's tonight. Really no big deal actually.