Tricks you use to stay off the hooch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2016, 10:14 PM
Tricks you use to stay off the hooch
So I'm recalling people talking about using rubber bands to snap themselves every time they felt the need for a cigarette and I'm thinking I need one of those every time I feel like a shot. So I came up with this one. Every time I feel like a shot there's a voice in my head which sounds exactly like Aunt Bee from the Andy Griffith Show asking "Would you like a nice cup of tea, dearie?" "Why yes, now that you mention it, yes I would."

You got tricks?

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-09-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: Tricks you use to stay off the hooch
[Image: 1435336.main_image.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
14-09-2016, 10:44 PM
(14-09-2016 10:14 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You got tricks?

Nope, just treats. Need to find me some tricks.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-09-2016, 10:51 PM
The fact that knowing the urge will pass soon if I don't take a shot.
After a while of doing this little thing daily, I realized one night as I was getting ready for bed that I hadn't thought of having a drink all day.
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
14-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Sorry, but when I read 'hooch', I couldn't help but imagine Girly in nothing but overalls and a straw hat.

Carry on then.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
15-09-2016, 01:00 AM
Hi,

I could do with some help on this one. Having poor health, alcohol has a couple of tricks to use against me. One is that wine with a meal improves a lack of appetite and another is that a glass of Scotch makes me feel better instantly. I don't drink every day, but the days without alcohol are often long and hard.

Recently I found a small way forwards. This is to take co-codamol painkillers first thing in the morning or when I'm struggling. This takes the edge off. Also, I love my motor vehicles, so fear of the breathalyser ensures several days a week without a drink.

The thing is, I don't really enjoy drinking all that much, but it takes the pain away.

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
15-09-2016, 01:18 AM
(14-09-2016 11:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Sorry, but when I read 'hooch', I couldn't help but imagine Girly in nothing but overalls and a straw hat.

Carry on then.

You're a dirty dirty girl.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-09-2016, 01:25 AM
(15-09-2016 01:00 AM)Dworkin Wrote:  Hi,

I could do with some help on this one. Having poor health, alcohol has a couple of tricks to use against me. One is that wine with a meal improves a lack of appetite and another is that a glass of Scotch makes me feel better instantly. I don't drink every day, but the days without alcohol are often long and hard.

Recently I found a small way forwards. This is to take co-codamol painkillers first thing in the morning or when I'm struggling. This takes the edge off. Also, I love my motor vehicles, so fear of the breathalyser ensures several days a week without a drink.

The thing is, I don't really enjoy drinking all that much, but it takes the pain away.

D.

If all you're drinking is a glass of wine and/or a glass of Scotch a day I wouldn't change a thing. A small amount of alcohol does wonders for your HDL good cholesterol. I was drinking a liter of vodka a day. One week hooch free so far but now I think I might need to get tested for fluoride poisoning.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-09-2016, 01:31 AM
Knowing that I need to lose 5 kilos to get within the weight range of my paraglider and that a new one costs about 3,000 UKP

That and hearing about a recent study that concluded that there were no self limits for alcohol and the risk of cancer.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
15-09-2016, 01:43 AM
(15-09-2016 01:18 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-09-2016 11:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Sorry, but when I read 'hooch', I couldn't help but imagine Girly in nothing but overalls and a straw hat.

Carry on then.

You're a dirty dirty girl.

Laugh out load

And you're a terrible enabler.

Hug

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]