Trifecta of stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2012, 02:31 PM
RE: Trifecta of stupidity
(19-07-2012 02:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Or better yet... ask a real Englishman.

[... for he is an Englishman, heeeeeee is an Eeeeng-lishman]
Does a real Engelsman know how to spell Merkin?

Well I suppose I've just spelt it for you but try to imagine that I hadn't...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2012, 03:00 PM
(19-07-2012 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  4) Piss people off

I'm thinking that's the first one. Big Grin

That apostrophe s thing, just irks me, and I don't even know why. Perhaps I was an abused child... abused by grammar goblins. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
19-07-2012, 06:59 PM
(19-07-2012 03:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 02:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  4) Piss people off

I'm thinking that's the first one. Big Grin

That apostrophe s thing, just irks me, and I don't even know why. Perhaps I was an abused child... abused by grammar goblins. Evil_monster
It helped me Mate. No problems here. If I can learn from a mistake I am glad to know it.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
19-07-2012, 08:58 PM
(19-07-2012 12:24 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 12:17 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Rush Limbaugh's batman theory, Michelle Baughman's about the Muslim brotherhood, Daryl Issa Fast and Furious. All these conspiracy theories are so stupid you just shake your head and wonder how can these people come up with this shit.

You know, the first step in criticizing the intelligence of another, is to try to look intelligent. Tongue

Anywho, chemical assistance as mentioned by KC. But also faith. Those that do not understand faith, tend to use faith in a manner that's hard to understand. Big Grin
Thanks for the spelling corrections and highlighting. I always did have trouble with sentence structure and spelling.
Like Michelle Bachmann ? She's bat-shit crazy, and there is no defending her.

Rush is a bomb thrower, but he was in fact talking about the talk about Bane...started on left wing blogs before Rush commented on how this was going to be a Dem talking point:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/romneys-ne...le/2502274
(the story quotes a Dem advisor going along with the meme and talking about how Bain really is like Bane. That was the context of Rush's comments)

Daryl Issa's investigation is part of his proper oversight role in Congress. Can you cite who was terminated, demoted, or even reprimanded for the incredibly stupid idea of the gun walking program? Yeah, yeah, the Bush admin did it too. Since any bad idea deserves a second chance, a new program was started up under the Obama admin. And even if it was 'Bush's fault', there would still be career employees whose heads should roll over this. Yet that hasn't happened--no biggie, really. Just a thousand unaccounted for guns provided to drug lords and only a few people killed by them. Mistakes were made, people died...nothing to see here. It was a fairly partisan vote, though there were 17 Democrats who joined Republicans to hold DA Holder in contempt of Congress. There were also quite a few Dems who failed to vote--supposedly it was just a walk-out protest, but also conveniently those walking out didn't have to vote against contempt.

"The vote was 255-67, with 17 Democrats voting in support of a criminal contempt resolution, which authorizes Republicans leaders to seek criminal charges against Holder. This Democratic support came despite a round of behind-the-scenes lobbying by senior White House and Justice officials - as well as pressure from party leaders - to support Holder.Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/061...z217xo7UoV
"
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
19-07-2012, 09:02 PM
(19-07-2012 03:00 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  That apostrophe s thing, just irks me, and I don't even know why. Perhaps I was an abused child... abused by grammar goblins. Evil_monster
Did they look anything like this????
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR17ww0Zrf6Bg91Bw-a_cR...QNLrL6eu5A]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
22-07-2012, 09:45 AM
(19-07-2012 12:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 12:24 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Thanks for the spelling corrections and highlighting. I always did have trouble with sentence structure and spelling.

Apostrophes have 2 jobs:

1) to show possession
2) to show a deletion

The fuck KC? Git down off the high horse. To separate quotes within quotes, to indicate plurals of letters and numbers, to indicate measurement in feet or arcminutes or seconds, to indicate the first derivative, set complement, matrix transpose, negation, etc. And don't try go all unicode on me and quibble that the prime symbol is not the same as the apostrophe 'cause I'll just go all ascii on your ass. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-07-2012, 08:50 AM
I think the first error I did was try to copy your nickname, N.E.OhioAtheist. Now things are all blue and don't want to change. I can't figure out where the color option is.

The second was to truck on, regardless of my forgetting what the hell I was gonna post.

I think the title of your thread is what brought on this whole mess. HELP!

[Image: i-da69935bb959aa1dca81256477602db9-thest...burns1.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
23-07-2012, 08:59 AM
(22-07-2012 09:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 12:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Apostrophes have 2 jobs:

1) to show possession
2) to show a deletion

The fuck KC? Git down off the high horse. To separate quotes within quotes, to indicate plurals of letters and numbers, to indicate measurement in feet or arcminutes or seconds, to indicate the first derivative, set complement, matrix transpose, negation, etc. And don't try go all unicode on me and quibble that the prime symbol is not the same as the apostrophe 'cause I'll just go all ascii on your ass. Tongue

-_-

Single quotes separate quotes within quotes. Yes, it looks like an apostrophe, but it isn't... technically. Also, I'm talking about basic grammar.

Jerkface.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-07-2012, 06:25 PM
(23-07-2012 08:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 09:45 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The fuck KC? Git down off the high horse. To separate quotes within quotes, to indicate plurals of letters and numbers, to indicate measurement in feet or arcminutes or seconds, to indicate the first derivative, set complement, matrix transpose, negation, etc. And don't try go all unicode on me and quibble that the prime symbol is not the same as the apostrophe 'cause I'll just go all ascii on your ass. Tongue

-_-

Single quotes separate quotes within quotes. Yes, it looks like an apostrophe, but it isn't... technically. Also, I'm talking about basic grammar.

Jerkface.

Blow me.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
26-07-2012, 05:53 AM
This thread got hawt fast.

I'm sure if Glenn Beck was still relevant and on tv instead of minor radio airwaves, he would be tying them all together in a unified theory of relaspiracy.

Something oh like how this Batman series involves terrorist plots against the city of Gotham.. Attacks that only the Muslim Brotherhood could conceive of and in order to accomplish these attacks, they need democrats to remain in power to be weak and lie about their attacks on terrorism.. all is being solved by the giving of guns intentionally to criminals in order to create crimes against the Republicans. This shooting is the straw that shows how Baine was an inspiration to the guy to murder people after those liberal universities indoctrinated him with the plan for secular Islamic control to envelop America... Sadcryface If only we had a president that understood our Anglo-Saxon heritage...

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson