'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
11-12-2015, 07:03 AM
RE: Trigger Warning
(11-12-2015 05:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Trigger warning
[Image: GsY7xkp.gif]

My first thought was that this needs the caption, "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas".

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
11-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Can you guys please stop using that term? It's very inconsiderate towards people who had a traumatic experience involving firearms. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Vosur's post
12-12-2015, 04:08 AM
(11-12-2015 01:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  I think it's polite to warn people ahead of time - for example on the news they usually tell you that they're gonna show horrible shit before they do. It gives people who don't want to see it an opportunity to avoid it. If you're posting on a topic that it's reasonable to expect some people will have a bad reaction to, then I think you should probably stick a warning there so that those people who don't want to see whatever fucken horrible stuff you're posting can avoid it.

Right, like if you're in a film class and you're all about to watch 'Deliverance', it's only decent for the teacher to give the class a 'heads up' that the movie they're all about to watch includes one of the most disturbingly graphic depictions of rape ever put to film. You know, because some of the people there might have been sexually assaulted or know someone who has, and by informing them it allows them individually to make that decision for themselves as to whether or not they are comfortable with engaging with that topic at the moment.

Giving a warning about the rape scene isn't being needlessly politically correct, it's just being a decent human being with empathy and a realization that your actions can have an affect on others; and that maybe (just maybe) surprising students with cinematic rape in the name of academia is kind of a dick move.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
12-12-2015, 04:23 AM
(12-12-2015 04:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  maybe (just maybe) surprising students with cinematic rape in the name of academia is kind of a dick move.

Laughat You said dick.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-12-2015, 04:37 AM
(12-12-2015 04:23 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-12-2015 04:08 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  maybe (just maybe) surprising students with cinematic rape in the name of academia is kind of a dick move.

Laughat You said dick.

[Image: 4130320-soliddick.png]

[Image: Double%2BOn%2BTundra.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post