Triple Crown Winner!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Triple Crown Winner!
Yeah, I know this should be in the sports section of the forum but it's damn nice to see a Triple Crown winner after 37 years.

I was a kid when Secretariat won and still remember that amazing horse and hey, I don't even know that much about horses or horse racing.

What a nice, momentary diversion from all the crap in the world.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
07-06-2015, 02:09 AM
RE: Triple Crown Winner!
The Belmont is a beautiful track. Big.
I saw how that American Pharaoh took a slop track a while back - like it was nothing. A long haul like the Belmont would have been a cake walk. It's certainly a beautifully cut horse - smooth runner - like silk.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
07-06-2015, 05:35 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 05:44 AM by Bucky Ball.)
There are those who say a mile and a half is cruel for horses this young. These horses have "decreed birthdays" on Jan 1, regardless of their real (month in their 3rd year) age ... whatevs. We kinda thought he was gonna win (my ma is in the hoss world). He seemed to be able to "tune out" distractions, has friendly laid back attitude, and an extra long stride, + extra "pep". Happy for the Bafferts. Yes My only question is, "Who stole his tail" ? Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Someone chewed it off when he was a yearling, from what I understand. Didn't seem to affect his stride. And "tuning out" was due in part to his ear plugs.

Wonderful day for racing, Penny Chenery on hand, Baffert's kids all there. Great horse!

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
07-06-2015, 11:22 AM
My wife said "What a great race." And I'm like "The fuck you talking about, horse led wire to wire and won going away by 5-6 lengths. Won the Preakness by like 7 lengths. Only race even close to being good was the Derby where he won by 1 length. Those weren't great races, weren't even races." "Shut up fatboy."

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2015, 12:19 PM
That is a hell of a horse.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
07-06-2015, 12:33 PM
(07-06-2015 11:10 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  Someone chewed it off when he was a yearling, from what I understand. Didn't seem to affect his stride. And "tuning out" was due in part to his ear plugs.

Wonderful day for racing, Penny Chenery on hand, Baffert's kids all there. Great horse!

Yeah. That was really really great that Penny Chenery was there. She looks great ... 94! Bob B almost walked past her after the race. The camera was off for a second, but someone pointed her out to him, and I think he went back and gave her a hug. Nice moment. It was a good race. They were all in a bunch for a while. AP didn't really pull away 'till the end. Serious handicappers do "energy profiles" of horses, and the profile of this race (crazy as it sounds) was "early" (as opposed to late). That's nuts, in a mile and 1/2. Hobo Often these really good horses are "late" energy animals, and it's really hard to train an animal that bred to *run fast*, and REALLY likes to win, to slow down, and conserve energy for the last part of the race. The superstars can just run and keep going.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-06-2015, 12:45 PM
Why does everyone misspell the name American "Pharoah" instead of "Pharaoh"?

I googled after opening this thread..and every news organization spelled the horses name wrong..

I'm assuming the owner or whoever named the horse did this on purpose? Or was accidentally on purpose with some deeper meaning that's lost on me?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-06-2015, 12:46 PM
(07-06-2015 12:33 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  It was a good race. They were all in a bunch for a while. AP didn't really pull away 'till the end.

Guess we differ on what a good race is. When jockey was asked when he knew he was going to win he said "As soon as I rounded the first turn." Great horse and great performance but not a good race. Would you consider these good races?

#sigh
07-06-2015, 12:47 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 12:50 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-06-2015 12:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does everyone misspell the name American "Pharoah" instead of "Pharaoh"?

I googled after opening this thread..and every news organization spelled the horses name wrong..

I'm assuming the owner or whoever named the horse did this on purpose? Or was accidentally on purpose with some deeper meaning that's lost on me?

It was a mistake on the birth certificate. Veterinarians aren't known for their spelling. Big Grin

#sigh