Triple Crown Winner!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2015, 12:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2015 01:10 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Triple Crown Winner!
(07-06-2015 12:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does everyone misspell the name American "Pharoah" instead of "Pharaoh"?

I googled after opening this thread..and every news organization spelled the horses name wrong..

I'm assuming the owner or whoever named the horse did this on purpose? Or was accidentally on purpose with some deeper meaning that's lost on me?

It was originally a mistake by someone. But once a horse is registered under a name it can't be changed, cuz another spelling may have taken the other, meantime. They all knew it was wrong pretty quick, but left it that way. It's real name is the misspelling.

Espinoza can say he thought that, but look at the race B/4. A totally unexpected "closer" won, and it happens all the time. He didn't know he was going to win for sure, until at the earliest, the mile pole, and even then they can stumble, or have an unknown hairline bone fracture actually break, or a muscle tear. Everyone was holding their breath until it actually happened. Racing is dangerous.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
07-06-2015, 02:13 PM
(07-06-2015 12:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does everyone misspell the name American "Pharoah" instead of "Pharaoh"?

I googled after opening this thread..and every news organization spelled the horses name wrong..

I'm assuming the owner or whoever named the horse did this on purpose? Or was accidentally on purpose with some deeper meaning that's lost on me?

They had held an online contest, kinda "Name the Horsey" thing. Someone submitted this name and nobody noticed the misspelling until the registration papers were issued. Too late to change them then.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
07-06-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks both of you!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-06-2015, 03:04 PM
(07-06-2015 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Espinoza can say he thought that, but look at the race B/4. A totally unexpected "closer" won, and it happens all the time. He didn't know he was going to win for sure, until at the earliest, the mile pole, and even then they can stumble, or have an unknown hairline bone fracture actually break, or a muscle tear. Everyone was holding their breath until it actually happened. Racing is dangerous.

Fair enough, fancy lad. Fair enough. You know who knew he was gonna win just by showing up? Usain Bolt and American Pharoah. That's who.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-06-2015, 03:06 PM
(06-06-2015 09:16 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I know this should be in the sports section of the forum but it's damn nice to see a Triple Crown winner after 37 years.

I was a kid when Secretariat won and still remember that amazing horse and hey, I don't even know that much about horses or horse racing.

What a nice, momentary diversion from all the crap in the world.

My mom was watching it on TV.

She cried when American Pharoah won it! Horses are awesome, I guess! Hug

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
07-06-2015, 03:15 PM

#sigh
07-06-2015, 03:22 PM
Now The Derby was a fucking good race.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-06-2015, 03:53 PM
(07-06-2015 03:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-06-2015 12:50 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Espinoza can say he thought that, but look at the race B/4. A totally unexpected "closer" won, and it happens all the time. He didn't know he was going to win for sure, until at the earliest, the mile pole, and even then they can stumble, or have an unknown hairline bone fracture actually break, or a muscle tear. Everyone was holding their breath until it actually happened. Racing is dangerous.

Fair enough, fancy lad. Fair enough. You know who knew he was gonna win just by showing up? Usain Bolt and American Pharoah. That's who.

I think you're right. That horse is/was freaky confident.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-06-2015, 12:49 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-06-2015, 05:04 PM
(09-06-2015 12:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

I still remember Secretariat being on the front of the Time magazine. I was a kid and I thought it was soooo cool that a horse was on the front instead of some dumb, boring politician.

[Image: 1101730611_400.jpg]

Edit: He was also on the cover of Newsweek and Sports Illustrated. That's never happened before or since.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post