Troll Spotting 101

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 12:57 AM
RE: Troll Spotting 101
(04-03-2017 12:22 AM)skyking Wrote:  Have a new ALL CAPS TROLL getting started. I see a place on mom's buddy list for him Big Grin

I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU COULD BE REFERRING TO.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2017, 01:21 AM
The "I'm so persecuted" business. Drives me wild. They start a thread, or jump into some other one, say something deliberately inflammatory, get told where they can shove it, and start in with the "but atheists are so mean" crap.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
04-03-2017, 01:54 AM
(04-03-2017 01:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  The "I'm so persecuted" business. Drives me wild. They start a thread, or jump into some other one, say something deliberately inflammatory, get told where they can shove it, and start in with the "but atheists are so mean" crap.

The word 'persecuted' has been neutered into meaninglessness with it's misappropriation by the Christian majority as a short-hand for what's really going on, the roll back of special privileges in order to reach a more evenly distributed equilibrium.

Jews being gassed to death by the millions in internment camps is persecution. Having to acknowledge that homosexuals both exist and are people too, and worthy of the same rights and respect, is not.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 9 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2017, 05:36 AM
(02-03-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you do it? For me it's kinda like chick sexing, I'm pretty good at it but I couldn't tell you how to do it. It's like they have a signature that I can't describe but has an unmistakable style, a certain je ne sais quoi. I figured since some of them Amazons running around asserting dominance over the menfolk have been on forums for like 20+ years, they might know an indicator or 2. I'll try to start.

1) smarmy - I hadn't thought of that word for decades before coming here, but that's probably the best word I can think of for many of them. The writing style gives it away.

2) provocative - the whole point of the troll is to provoke without the provokee realizing it, fortunately the majority of them really suck at nuance. (n.b. There are non-trolls among us who get a hardon from sticking the pig just to watch it squeal too, those are called dicks.)

3) pretending to be a non-English speaker - most of them really suck at this too.

What else?

There are always a few running around here. We got a couple now.

Obvious is obvious.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-03-2017, 07:41 AM
(02-03-2017 02:36 PM)julep Wrote:  Making multiple threads rather than answering the questions asked of them.

To expand on julep’s point:

11) Shotgun approach. Overwhelm with quantity and not quality. (See ProudCatholic, theBorg)

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
04-03-2017, 07:42 AM
This thread needs to be “stickied”, great work.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-03-2017, 07:56 AM
(02-03-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you do it? For me it's kinda like chick sexing, I'm pretty good at it but I couldn't tell you how to do it. It's like they have a signature that I can't describe but has an unmistakable style, a certain je ne sais quoi. I figured since some of them Amazons running around asserting dominance over the menfolk have been on forums for like 20+ years, they might know an indicator or 2. I'll try to start.

1) smarmy - I hadn't thought of that word for decades before coming here, but that's probably the best word I can think of for many of them. The writing style gives it away.

2) provocative - the whole point of the troll is to provoke without the provokee realizing it, fortunately the majority of them really suck at nuance. (n.b. There are non-trolls among us who get a hardon from sticking the pig just to watch it squeal too, those are called dicks.)

3) pretending to be a non-English speaker - most of them really suck at this too.

What else?

Sucking up to other trolls.
Complimenting each other between the nastiness/passive aggressive bs.
A few lines of normal conversation to flaunt that they aren't actually mentally ill.
"You are different from the rest. I'm so glad there is at least one rational poster here."
"Why can't the rest of them be nice like you?"

Being their own biggest fan. (Perhaps that's covered by smarmy and strawmaning.)
Larry had a particular style which was to start with a lie like; "So you're saying you hate Jews.
Well, _I_ don't hate Jews. My parents raised me better than that, _I_ believe all Jews are human beings too.
How DARE you say that I've insulted you? FOR SHAME! _I_ never insult anyone, _I_ was raised better than that."

And a particular line new posters with an attitude problem like to pull. "I thought Atheists were supposed to be rational".
Generalizing atheists like that is a dead giveaway for idiots.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 5 users Like M. Linoge's post
04-03-2017, 08:58 AM
(04-03-2017 07:56 AM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Generalizing atheists like that is a dead giveaway for idiots.

You could add this to the list:

A lack of self-awareness leading to denials of the obvious
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
04-03-2017, 09:11 AM
Starting a controversial thread then not replying (or rarely replying) after the thread has been started. Pretty sure most on here know someone that is doing that right now Dodgy

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 5 users Like RearViewMirror's post
04-03-2017, 09:26 AM
(04-03-2017 09:11 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  Starting a controversial thread then not replying (or rarely replying) after the thread has been started. Pretty sure most on here know someone that is doing that right now Dodgy

Yep - the loaded threads.
They just like to sit back and let us masturbate them.

NO HAND JOB! Angry YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T WORK HERE!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post