Troll Spotting 101

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Troll Spotting 101
What about inability to concede points especially points refuted a thousand times (PRAT) and total inability to use Occam's razor unless it suits them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
04-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Obvious provoking names. Like Haywood Jablowme or atheistRdumb.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
04-03-2017, 12:40 PM
(04-03-2017 12:25 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Obvious provoking names. Like Haywood Jablowme or atheistRdumb.

FTFY
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-03-2017, 01:29 PM
(02-03-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you do it? For me it's kinda like chick sexing, I'm pretty good at it but I couldn't tell you how to do it. It's like they have a signature that I can't describe but has an unmistakable style, a certain je ne sais quoi. I figured since some of them Amazons running around asserting dominance over the menfolk have been on forums for like 20+ years, they might know an indicator or 2. I'll try to start.

1) smarmy - I hadn't thought of that word for decades before coming here, but that's probably the best word I can think of for many of them. The writing style gives it away.

2) provocative - the whole point of the troll is to provoke without the provokee realizing it, fortunately the majority of them really suck at nuance. (n.b. There are non-trolls among us who get a hardon from sticking the pig just to watch it squeal too, those are called dicks.)

3) pretending to be a non-English speaker - most of them really suck at this too.

What else?

There are always a few running around here. We got a couple now.

They claim to be open minded :T

OR

They call other people Trolls

I mean seriously you guys say you're open minded/skeptics/critical thinkers but when someone challenges you to open combat of the wits and you start losing... a real skeptic would admit his or her defeat. Rather than letting petty emotions such as pride or anger rule their thoughts.
04-03-2017, 01:36 PM
They refuse to lay down and accept what dicks say and be so open minded that their brains fall out because said dicks have no other repertoire.
04-03-2017, 01:38 PM
(04-03-2017 01:29 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 01:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you do it? For me it's kinda like chick sexing, I'm pretty good at it but I couldn't tell you how to do it. It's like they have a signature that I can't describe but has an unmistakable style, a certain je ne sais quoi. I figured since some of them Amazons running around asserting dominance over the menfolk have been on forums for like 20+ years, they might know an indicator or 2. I'll try to start.

1) smarmy - I hadn't thought of that word for decades before coming here, but that's probably the best word I can think of for many of them. The writing style gives it away.

2) provocative - the whole point of the troll is to provoke without the provokee realizing it, fortunately the majority of them really suck at nuance. (n.b. There are non-trolls among us who get a hardon from sticking the pig just to watch it squeal too, those are called dicks.)

3) pretending to be a non-English speaker - most of them really suck at this too.

What else?

There are always a few running around here. We got a couple now.

They claim to be open minded :T

OR

I mean seriously you guys say you're open minded/skeptics/critical thinkers but when someone challenges you to open combat of the wits and you start losing... a real skeptic would admit his or her defeat. Rather than letting petty emotions such as pride or anger rule their thoughts.

Facepalm
04-03-2017, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 02:00 PM by Anjele.)
(04-03-2017 01:29 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  They claim to be open minded :T

OR

So far you have shown no evidence of wit. We are politely waiting for you to arm yourself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
04-03-2017, 01:41 PM
(04-03-2017 01:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  They refuse to lay down and accept what dicks say and be so open minded that their brains fall out because said dicks have no other repertoire.

Adey my brain is so open minded it didn't JUST fall out. It dissipated into the ocean of thoughts.

Big Grin
04-03-2017, 02:03 PM
(04-03-2017 01:41 PM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 01:36 PM)adey67 Wrote:  They refuse to lay down and accept what dicks say and be so open minded that their brains fall out because said dicks have no other repertoire.

Adey my brain is so open minded it didn't JUST fall out. It dissipated into the ocean of thoughts.

Big Grin

And that my friend is your problem. Big Grin
04-03-2017, 03:41 PM
They're undefined.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post