That's not you taking care of trolls, KC. This is:

[Image: stevenseagal.gif]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
23-10-2012, 01:44 PM
RE: Troll influx
(23-10-2012 01:36 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  That's not you taking care of trolls, KC. This is:

[Image: stevenseagal.gif]

I thought Kc would bludgeon them to death with his t-ball bat.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
[+] 1 user Likes Xinoftruden's post
23-10-2012, 11:00 PM
So I and I has pretty much tacitly admitted to being a troll now.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
23-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Is there an issue with this? Do you have something to suggest with regard to trolls here on the forum? Or was this intended as a simple, innocuous commentary on troll activity?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-10-2012, 12:25 AM
(23-10-2012 11:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Is there an issue with this? Do you have something to suggest with regard to trolls here on the forum? Or was this intended as a simple, innocuous commentary on troll activity?

I'm gonna go with innocuous commentary on troll activity.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2012, 01:44 AM
Cool.

Just wondering whether it fell under issues, suggestions or comments.

As you were.

Fuckin Earmuffs.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-10-2012, 03:08 AM
[Image: dog-sticking-his-tongue-out-at-you-640x426.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2012, 04:44 AM
I dont know if its just me changing recently but there is an element to this forum I am seeing recently that I dont like... that makes me want to leave if im honest.

I come to this forum because of its openess and I stay because of the people here. However recently there has been a bit of "ganging up" on people, well it feels like that to me anyway.

I imagine people may agree with me that people who post here can post threads about whatever they want, this freedom is open to every single one of us and it makes the forum diverse and interesting. This diversity may bring disagreement, people may believe others to be misinformed and this is where discussion comes into place. Wether the person takes on any information given or not.... is up to them.... people are entitled to their beliefs as much as the person disagreeing is entitled to theirs.

Religion ostracises people over their beliefs and of all places I thought this would not happen here, yet im seeing it more and more and more.

Because of certain people beliefs they are being compared and named as people who have previously been banned.... im sorry but that is wrong in my eyes. People may see it as jest or whatever but I think it is very sad and unfair that people who come here get compared and named as others..... how would that make you feel if you got compared to somebody else, simply because of your beliefs. If you havent got proof that somebody is a previously banned person then I dont think you should name them as it.

This is just my opinion, I could be wrong who knows... but I get the feeling that there are certain people here who enjoy "trolling" the people who have been put into the catergory of a "troll"

Im not singling you out here Muffs but you did make this thread... but if I had to think of occasions where people have "trolled" then under my defintion of a "troll" (someone who posts off topic, spamming and inflammatory posts) then I would say Bishadi came under this definition because s/he posted numerous threads and filled the board to a point where it became a problem, who then continued to do so even after being asked politely to tone it down a little, s/he was also very abusive. I would also say you were guilty of "trolling" Muffs on one occasion because in the discussion of racism on the forum you stubbornly continued to use the word Nigga. Yes its your right to believe this word is just that... but you didnt consider the status quo of the forum and even though you knew it may upset people you continued to use it in that thread.

I dont want to come across as like im "preaching" because I am far from perfect as before now and more recently yesterday I let a microscopic slither of the old and evil bemore out when I snapped at Phaedrus, which im not proud of and I apologised quite rightly for. I was having a bad day and on reflection that post was an outlet of that.

This is just how I see it.

To reiterate Religion ostracises people because of there beliefs, sadly people may be able to emapthise with this much more than me because luckily I havent had to go through this..... so given this, do you wish to continue doing what you had done to you, fighting fire with fire, 2 wrongs and all that jazz..... or can we learn something from this experience and try to ensure that others dont have to go through what we went through???

If people become abusive.... fuck em. You have the freedom and responsiblity on how you conduct yourselves, you dont have to rise to it.

Just my opinions.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 4 users Like bemore's post
24-10-2012, 05:22 AM
Yup, I'm with you Bemore.

If people with "wrong" beliefs enter, they enter at their peril (abandon hope all ye etc.) but the piraña attacks do depress me so I have a tendency to step back until the feeding frenzy subsides.

There are some here who will give benefit of the doubt until true colours are shown and others (Red Celt for example) who can smell a troll at a hundred paces and will attack quickly. I guess I'm in the former group.

I don't see it as a matter of resignation from the forum and nor do I ask anyone to resist their natural instincts for that too would be against the spirit (bad choice of word, er, ethos) of the forum. But I for one welcome diversity.

(I don't welcome priests, pastors or other professionals; getting paid to lie to children is obscene and akin to child abuse. They're fair game!)

Just sayin'

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
24-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Quote:Yes its your right to believe this word is just that... but you didnt consider the status quo of the forum and even though you knew it may upset people you continued to use it in that thread.

Nigga please, do I really need to explain my lack of giving two flying shits about my use of the word nigga and how effects "the status quo" or can I just assume that you are a big boy and can do a simple bit of searching to find said thread to re-read what I wrote on the matter because I'm seriously getting a little bit annoyed of repeating myself over and over again.
Yes I said "nigger" and "nigga". Yes I am aware that people don't like it. No I will not change to suit others, there is an ignore button for a reason.
Sack up, build a bridge and get over it.

Look Bemore, there is a difference between trolls and people with different opinions.
Dark Light posted/s some really idiotic things, it doesn't make him a troll. I and I however...
Or The Theist for example, verbally abusing people on the forum because a bunch of people on an atheists forum don't accept his JW ideals. Me/We are not the rude ones first, me/we give everyone a chance. But you fuck up that chance and you're going on the troll list.

Look, bemore if you wanna play the friendly neighbor and dance around the maypole with them that's fine by me, but don't expect me to join in.