Trolling on computer games.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2012, 04:13 AM
Trolling on computer games.
Computer games just dont hold the same appeal to me (to my dismay) and I have recently found myself becoming extremly amused at trolling

Recently I had someone on Battlefield 3 (xbox360) who teamkilled me just to get to the Attack Helicopter.......I thought I would let it go but then later on in the same game the same person did it again......and then again.

I tried to open communication with the person named "Johnny Utah PT2" in an attempt at working out what was going on but all attempts were refused (apart from abusive messages) and I got killed by them......again.

So that started me on a Kill frenzy on poor "johnny" and for the last few days I have found a lot of enjoyment in joining every single one of there games and teamkilling them.......I must of killed him/her easily over 100 times and now they appear permantly offline Dodgy

I have inadvertantly pissed a lot of other people off as well on Battlefield because as Recon you get something called the "MAV" which is basicly a drone that flys around and you can spot the enemy team with it. I recently found out that if you fly the "MAV" at full speed and slighly off center to the right of people heads you can also get crafty kills........this has seen me laughing my way through rounds safely tucked away in the base getting 10-15 kills with no deaths........the amount of messages I get calling me every name under the sun just adds further amusement to me Smile

Before that I used to enjoy "orbiting" the helicopters on GTA4 round people dishing doses of violent hot leaded death.....to then watch them spawn and for me to mow them down again....and again.....and again.....until they run away and manage to get into a vehicle which I shoot till on fire....then kill them again and again etc etc.

I didnt really see the orbiting as "trolling" at the time.......its not my fault that I am a skilled helicopter pilot and they are not Confused

So are you guilty of trolling people in games.......have you ever been memorably trolled by somebody.....do they make you mad or do they make you laugh???

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2012, 04:19 AM
RE: Trolling on computer games.
Trolling is how I play games now. If I take the game seriously it becomes boring because nothing can keep up with me. So what I tend to do is use the weapons nobody uses or characters which are considered the worst mainly because i can. It's great fun to dominate with "low tier" things.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
11-02-2012, 08:39 AM
I tend to troll the trolls!
Especially in mmo, and i do like playing mmo.
And I love it when someone thinks he is trolling, and then I come and piss them off with something.
Or even better, those who have nothing to say but always try to educate everyone, I love trolling those.
Guilty of being a nasty troll, haha. But only to those who need to be trolled.
Normally I am one of the people who run around in noob zones and help.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
11-02-2012, 01:03 PM
trolling has become too trendy and brings down the integrity of most online games. i look forward to gaming companies producing real solutions to dissuade trolling and bring a level of sportsmanship back to gaming.

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
[+] 2 users Like dredmal's post
11-02-2012, 01:44 PM
(11-02-2012 08:39 AM)Leela Wrote:  I tend to troll the trolls!
Especially in mmo, and i do like playing mmo.
And I love it when someone thinks he is trolling, and then I come and piss them off with something.
Or even better, those who have nothing to say but always try to educate everyone, I love trolling those.
Guilty of being a nasty troll, haha. But only to those who need to be trolled.
Normally I am one of the people who run around in noob zones and help.

Apart from my recent spate im normally the same helpfull type of online person......it is only when provoked the troll comes out in me.....although I do amit there is a (teeny) part of me that enjoys it Confused

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-02-2012, 01:55 PM
I have never seen trolling as a new trend. It's simply the fact that for a very long time video gaming was a very solitary activity. As games become more communal you just got to experience how bad it is. I just see the view of things bein worse now as an antiquated view from the people who have been around long enough to remember when there was no player 2 (like me =p).

As a kid I really liked fighting games and when I started trying to play in tournament I learned something. I hate people who like fighting games enough to play in tournaments. It's the same as that guy who bumps into you on the street and doesn't acknowledge you at all. People are always concerned with a narrow view, and in games people are directly seeking agressive actions.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
12-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I discovered/invented a helicopter wheeze for GTA;

1. Get a chopper and sniper rifle.
2. Perch in a good sniping position and shoot NPCs and cops until you have a lot of wanted stars
3. Get back in the chopper and lead your new army of cops to the other human players

Does this make me a bad person?

'The world holds two classes of men: intelligent men without religion, and religious men without intelligence.' - Abdallah al-Ma'arri
[+] 2 users Like daylightisabadthing's post
12-02-2012, 10:31 AM
(12-02-2012 09:07 AM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  I discovered/invented a helicopter wheeze for GTA;

1. Get a chopper and sniper rifle.
2. Perch in a good sniping position and shoot NPCs and cops until you have a lot of wanted stars
3. Get back in the chopper and lead your new army of cops to the other human players

Does this make me a bad person?

Ha ha ha ha.

That is a crafty way of disrupting somebodys game even indirectly.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
29-02-2012, 12:54 AM
The most insane trolling I have ever seen is on League of Legends. The game heavily relies on every person to do their job. 1 person on the team screws up and you are bound to lose. Thus anyone doing poorly is trolled non stop for the duration of the game, and half the time by members of the other team as well. I love it.
29-02-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm not a fan of trolling... I like to have fun and part of my fun includes hoping others are having fun too. Trolling is deliberately attempting to make the fun is one-sided.

And MAV-kills are going away with the next patch... your MAV will still be able to kill but it will be destroyed in the process. Big Grin I do that sometimes, but I find it more fun to use it for spotting enemies or killing other MAVs- thus, trolling the troll. Big Grin

But, I've had jerks team kill me to get the attack helicopter too. It's really dumb, but it's often really difficult to get into a chopper. People play the game solely to fly jets and choppers sometimes.

In any case, when you get a good squad of players that communicate, that maximizes the fun of BF3, in my opinion.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]