Trolling on computer games.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-02-2012, 12:46 PM
RE: Trolling on computer games.
(29-02-2012 10:49 AM)kineo Wrote:  I'm not a fan of trolling... I like to have fun and part of my fun includes hoping others are having fun too. Trolling is deliberately attempting to make the fun is one-sided.

And MAV-kills are going away with the next patch... your MAV will still be able to kill but it will be destroyed in the process. Big Grin I do that sometimes, but I find it more fun to use it for spotting enemies or killing other MAVs- thus, trolling the troll. Big Grin

But, I've had jerks team kill me to get the attack helicopter too. It's really dumb, but it's often really difficult to get into a chopper. People play the game solely to fly jets and choppers sometimes.

In any case, when you get a good squad of players that communicate, that maximizes the fun of BF3, in my opinion.

Im glad there doing away with the MAV kills caus I got bored of it yet everybody else seems to be doing it now Dodgy

Karma for me I suppose.

Yes I wholeheartedly agree about teamwork on BF3....there is nothing like CITVing a helicopter and telling your tank driver "getting a lock to the west bro".

Also now when me and my buddy get in attack choppers its very rare we get shot down. We have the ultimate setup.

Pilot. ECM jammer...laser painter...heat seekers.

Gunner (me) Flares....Guided missle.....(I cant remember the last one...will have to edit this when I play it)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Stealth or autoloader maybe?

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
29-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Don't really troll normally. The only trolling I don't like is when people take advantage of obvious spawn points... well, depending.

In Eve Online (haven't played that in ages), it wasn't trolling, but we as a Halloween prank dumped thousands of dead bodies in their space. Oh, a few free MMOs I used to follow around people that were bots or that killed noobs and kill them when they got some good stuff. I don't consider it trolling so much as taking advantage of the situation. I would like to play more and simply build a character up and then make an alternate noob, then troll the shit out of anyone that kills the noob char. Just so I can feel justified in my own mind about trolling someone... that may never happen as I don't play much anymore though.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
29-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I haven't played EVE online... you keep the bodies of the enemies you kill? Confused

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
21-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Sometimes on Halo 3 when I played with my friends we would kill each other a lot during online games while the enemy was still shooting at us. We trolled each other a lot. God I miss Halo 3. A decent game hasn't come out that I liked in over 4 years... Modern Warfare 3 is alright... but it can't compare to Halo 3.
24-03-2012, 03:22 AM
(29-02-2012 01:43 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  Don't really troll normally. The only trolling I don't like is when people take advantage of obvious spawn points... well, depending.

In Eve Online (haven't played that in ages), it wasn't trolling, but we as a Halloween prank dumped thousands of dead bodies in their space. Oh, a few free MMOs I used to follow around people that were bots or that killed noobs and kill them when they got some good stuff. I don't consider it trolling so much as taking advantage of the situation. I would like to play more and simply build a character up and then make an alternate noob, then troll the shit out of anyone that kills the noob char. Just so I can feel justified in my own mind about trolling someone... that may never happen as I don't play much anymore though.
This kinda happened to me in regnum online. When I was like level 12 or so and there was an event so that the other realms could nearly always run around in your realm. And a bunch of them where at my spawn point. After they killed me twice after spawning there I just stayed dead until they where gone... assholes.
Really that's very not cool and not trolling, it is just nasty. I am a high level in another game, I never kill noobs or do anything negative to them. I will help them level or something like that.

Trolling in my opinion is pissing someone off with the way you talk or behave in a "not-battle-situation".

One of my favourites has always been (as I am one of the few people who really reads and knows the rules) to do something that is very borderline but still inside the ok part of the rules. And doing that in front of the wise guys of the game, most favourable when a GM is around. Because the GM will giggle around while other people get pissed off. But I only target the real nasty wise guys, the ones I know already.
There is a game that I am playing since like 4 years now. I am high level, I have a pretty good reputation even though I am trolling people (the few chosen ones). Targets would most likely be beggars, other trolls, wise guys who really have no clue.

cheers
Leela Troll

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
24-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Driving off a cliff with a warthog with your team mates in toe, let an enemy hop in the warthog turret and drive him around by your base (sometimes this wasn't so much as trolling as just giving the enemy team a chance to catch up if they were REALLY low, alas chivalry is dead in modern games) shooting at around your own friends in MW making them think an enemy is shooting at them. Sticking your friends with grenades. Splattering own team mates (it was by accident I swear!) one time I got betrayed by a flying mongoose. Let someone on your team get over 40 kills and then lose the game for the entire team (totally happened to me one time in Halo 3... I never did get back into Team Snipers after that)
24-03-2012, 11:24 AM
(21-03-2012 02:46 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  A decent game hasn't come out that I liked in over 4 years... Modern Warfare 3 is alright... but it can't compare to Halo 3.
Battlefield 3

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-03-2012, 04:59 PM
(24-03-2012 11:24 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 02:46 PM)TheArcticSage Wrote:  A decent game hasn't come out that I liked in over 4 years... Modern Warfare 3 is alright... but it can't compare to Halo 3.
Battlefield 3
Maybe if you're into battlefield but I never got into it. I'm mostly talking about games that aren't already milking off a franchise, a new game entirely you know?
02-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't often troll, but when I do...

If you're not familiar with Trouble in Terrorist Town, I suggest having a look at http://ttt.badking.net to learn the premises of the game. It's quite a lot of fun, but if you don't get to go traitor for a couple maps, you start doing odd things -- or at least, I do. Last week I'd had enough, so I climbed to the top of a lighthouse (map was Island17), and jumped to my death. I just happened to land on a traitor and killed him in the process.

They put me on a week ban, but...totally worth it!