Trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Trolls
We now have 2 or 3 self-identified trolls on board.
Why are they allowed to persist? Consider

Rule 5) No Malicious Disruption
This applies to deliberate and pre-meditated disruptive behavior. Controversial opinions, however, are encouraged. In the event that it is considered by the forum Administration that a person is causing excessive issues, then they will be officially warned. Failure to heed the warning will lead to temporary bans, leading up to a permanent ban if the offending behavior does not cease. Anyone who is considered to be trying to manipulate this rule to get another member banned by causing controversy around them risks falling foul of this rule themselves. Behavior of this nature is often detected through sudden increased activity on the forum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
20-02-2018, 10:00 AM
RE: Trolls
(20-02-2018 09:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  We now have 2 or 3 self-identified trolls on board.
Why are they allowed to persist? Consider

Rule 5) No Malicious Disruption
This applies to deliberate and pre-meditated disruptive behavior. Controversial opinions, however, are encouraged. In the event that it is considered by the forum Administration that a person is causing excessive issues, then they will be officially warned. Failure to heed the warning will lead to temporary bans, leading up to a permanent ban if the offending behavior does not cease. Anyone who is considered to be trying to manipulate this rule to get another member banned by causing controversy around them risks falling foul of this rule themselves. Behavior of this nature is often detected through sudden increased activity on the forum.

I'm confident that if they got too unruly they will be banned.
So basically are they trolls or trollish?
It's fine line.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
Find all posts by this user
20-02-2018, 10:59 AM
IDK for sure but my guess FWIW is that they are simply skilled in the art of treading a fine line, they push it to the very limits of the envelope but not beyond, such trolls are difficult to deal with.
20-02-2018, 11:05 AM
(20-02-2018 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  IDK for sure but my guess FWIW is that they are simply skilled in the art of treading a fine line, they push it to the very limits of the envelope but not beyond, such trolls are difficult to deal with.

I don't mind them.
Especially when they manage to spin stupidity out of thin air like Rumpelstiltskin
Anything but the typical boredom is a good thing IMO

Cmon! You know that you have prodded Brian on occasion for the fun of it?
How could anyone resist?

20-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Well, Dark Helmet may well be a Russian troll sowing discourse. Or just a troll. Or maybe he really is a Breitbart fanatic. He ruffles my feathers sometimes, but overall it saves me from having to go look at Breitbart to see their take on current events.

Dunno which others you find troubling...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-02-2018, 11:22 AM
(20-02-2018 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Dark Helmet may well be a Russian troll sowing discourse. Or just a troll. Or maybe he really is a Breitbart fanatic. He ruffles my feathers sometimes, but overall it saves me from having to go look at Breitbart to see their take on current events.

I believe he may be talking about our new necrophiliac, who's also trolling in some of the shooting threads.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
20-02-2018, 11:27 AM
(20-02-2018 11:22 AM)julep Wrote:  
(20-02-2018 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, Dark Helmet may well be a Russian troll sowing discourse. Or just a troll. Or maybe he really is a Breitbart fanatic. He ruffles my feathers sometimes, but overall it saves me from having to go look at Breitbart to see their take on current events.

I believe he may be talking about our new necrophiliac, who's also trolling in some of the shooting threads.

New (relatively) guy admitted to being disgusting and shown himself a whiner but that's not the same as being troll. Still, ban for him would not be a net loss for forum.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
20-02-2018, 11:36 AM
(20-02-2018 11:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-02-2018 11:22 AM)julep Wrote:  I believe he may be talking about our new necrophiliac, who's also trolling in some of the shooting threads.

New (relatively) guy admitted to being disgusting and shown himself a whiner but that's not the same as being troll. Still, ban for him would not be a net loss for forum.

He has just blamed us for any inevitable means needed to follow through with his desires.

No loss if he gets lost.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-02-2018, 11:47 AM
I've found that as often as not it's a member with another account.
Just slapping the clown for hoots.

20-02-2018, 11:59 AM
(20-02-2018 11:47 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  I've found that as often as not it's a member with another account.
Just slapping the clown for hoots.

If it's a sock, Moms will likely sniff it out. We are quite good at disposing of smelly socks. (And if you ever wondered why there are less socks coming out of your washer than went in, there is your answer. Tongue)

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post