Trolls and Forum Quality

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
13-03-2014, 05:55 PM
RE: Trolls and Forum Quality
(13-03-2014 05:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 04:36 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  All three of you are infuriatingly arrogant though, which is a characteristic of all trolls.

...Not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, or nakedness, peril, sword...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,

Yes, I guess that DOES come across as a little bit arrogant doesnt it.

(13-03-2014 04:36 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  ...There are theists and deists on here with positive reputation points who are not arrogant.

Would you agree there are more arrogant atheists here than there are arrogant theists?

Facepalm

Look, acting like a jackass and then whining because people didn't like you didn't work for Heywood, and it's not going to work for you either.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
13-03-2014, 05:56 PM
(13-03-2014 05:55 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 05:07 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
...Not tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, or nakedness, peril, sword...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,

Yes, I guess that DOES come across as a little bit arrogant doesnt it.

Would you agree there are more arrogant atheists here than there are arrogant theists?

Facepalm

Look, acting like a jackass and then whining because people didn't like you didn't work for Heywood, and it's not going to work for you either.

Okay, now it's gonna be all your fault when he comes back...Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
13-03-2014, 05:57 PM
Not that I'm complaining in fact it's the opposite but what got Heywood banned? If it was spam I wouldn't know since I never paid attention...

Lion wwjd, Miss Meh, Alpha Mule... Somebody needs to build a bridge for all these trolls Undecided

13-03-2014, 05:59 PM
(13-03-2014 05:41 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Because it's an anathema.

ETA - ...in my opinion.

So you see atheists as something evil and that is why you want to spend time here? That doesn't make any sense.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-03-2014, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2014 06:07 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(13-03-2014 05:51 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 05:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Then quit whining about what privileges you lose when you have negative rep. What you say and how you behave is what has earned you such.

Your definition of whining seems subjective.

Tartarus Sauce criticises.
Lion IRC "whines".

You're a whiner because your criticism is generally without merits and easy to counterpoint, but you continue to paint false portraits of who we are and why we treat people the way we do. You act like a humongous asshole and then blame us for disliking you for not groveling at our wisdom, a bullshit statement by any measure and a perfect example of why we think you are a douche. No matter how thoroughly debunked your accusations are of your analysis for why the forum rules are they way they are, why certain people are treated one way while others are treated another, and what viewpoints we actually hold to, you continue to construct distortions.

While you may not always be wrong, you have, at least recently, always been an asshole. That is the key element of why you are disliked. Defending patently false "observations" to justify it doesn't make it any better.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
13-03-2014, 06:09 PM
(13-03-2014 05:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not that I'm complaining in fact it's the opposite but what got Heywood banned? If it was spam I wouldn't know since I never paid attention...

Lion wwjd, Miss Meh, Alpha Mule... Somebody needs to build a bridge for all these trolls Undecided

I think repeatedly calling someone a troll constitutes a form of trolling.
If Mods see trolling and do nothing then they are part of the problem.
It took Mods at rationalskepticism.org 4,000+ posts to decide I was a troll.
Thats a LONG time to decide on your definition of trolling.

Report button - "Lion IRC is trolling"
Mod response - No he isnt. So we arent going to do anything

Is anyone here saying the TTA Mods arent doing their job?
13-03-2014, 06:10 PM
(13-03-2014 06:09 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  
(13-03-2014 05:57 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Not that I'm complaining in fact it's the opposite but what got Heywood banned? If it was spam I wouldn't know since I never paid attention...

Is anyone here saying the TTA Mods arent doing their job?[/i]

Actually, yes, some have been saying that for a long time.

Some that is.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
13-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Quote:
(13-03-2014 05:41 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Because it's an anathema.

ETA - ...in my opinion.

So you see atheists atheism as something evil and that is why you want to spend time here? That doesn't make any sense.

It makes sense to me.
13-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Lion, I am just surprised to see you standing up for yourself for once instead of hiding behind some batshit newcomer saying 'yeah, yeah, see I told you so'. You find a sale on spines?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
13-03-2014, 06:14 PM
(13-03-2014 06:09 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  

Is anyone here saying the TTA Mods arent doing their job?

I for one would like a faster swing of the ban hammer as I said before. I won't complain if mods don't do it though, as I only have my impressions on how they manage these things, and that's hardly a reliable source of information Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]