Trolls and Forum Quality

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
14-03-2014, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 10:56 AM by Stark Raving.)
RE: Trolls and Forum Quality
(14-03-2014 10:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The idea that free speech is drowning the forum. That era is long over, and it's time to let it go. I was the only admin who ran the forum in an attempt to have total free speech. NOBODY thinks that is the way it's run today. It may be the very reason I'm not staff anymore.

I love you man, but you hold onto grudges like a 14 year old girl. You were the first (or at least among them) that brought up free speech. Let it go man.

No, there are people here who don't think anyone should be banned except in extreme circumstances. What do you think is the basis of that attitude?

This is no more a grudge than opposing any unreasonable position.

I think the basis of that attitude is the thinking that if we ban people for reasons that are not extreme, the process will devolve into banning "undesirables". My impression is that the majority of the members here would oppose that.

Your inability to reason (you must realize you do this when you decide to be stubborn?) does not make a position unreasonable.

EDIT TO ADD: just rereading things.....you're right, I definitely misused the word grudge. Kinda made me look a little unreasonable there huh? Wink

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
14-03-2014, 10:50 AM
(14-03-2014 10:23 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Clap Awesome! Mind if I use this as my signature?

It's a free fucking internet, douchebag.

(14-03-2014 10:23 AM)alpha male Wrote:  So now you speak for every atheist here? No

The majority of them, yes. Think about that one, genius. If I were an atheist hellbent on debating christians, a self-labeled atheist forum is the last place I would go to in search of opponents. I would head towards where christians hang out. There are many members here that do this, then they come here to discuss those debates with people that will support them and trade like minded ideas with them.

The very traits that you are so keen on knocking us for are generally the ones that you are displaying yourself. You're quite good at self deception though, so I don't hold out any hope of you actually getting that any time soon. You just keep up your little fairy tale there and we'll continue to Rolleyes .

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-03-2014, 10:52 AM
(14-03-2014 10:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Me being an admin has nothing to do with. Laughat

Laugh out load Clap Banana_zorro Big Grin

Good one. You should go on the road with material like that. Thumbsup

I have a serious question. Why do you come here?

I mean, I don't go to christian or catholic forums and tell them they're all crazy and try to debate them or to show them their own errors and hypocrisy.

What is it with religious people who come here, never engage anything other than debates on theism (or politics but only as they relate to their theism) and rarely miss a chance to proselytize?

I don't know you, or anything about you. I just see how you treat atheists and if you don't like us -- because it seems you don't, why come here at all?

KC fits in here because he can focus on the areas we do have in common and will engage us in conversation that hasn't a thing to do with belief. He can bridge the gap and remind us that not all theists are painted with the same brush. If he had only kept to debating and engaging atheists on their alleged flaws, then I doubt he'd ever been made a mod to begin with.

So where are those discussions that you, lion, savedwheat, or any others have begun to find that common ground? Have you participated in any discussions about food? Sports? Music? Literature? Gardening? I honestly don't know if you have...That's why I'm asking. You can't or any other theist who comes here be that one dimensional?

Or do you just keep those areas where you can shout and tell people they're wrong and then complain that people gang up on you with negative rep?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-03-2014, 11:01 AM
(14-03-2014 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The rest of your sentence was "join in with atheists to ridicule other Christians".
No, the rest of my sentence was, "and you join in with atheists to ridicule other Christians, account for much more of your acceptance." More of course indicates that I accept that the items he mentioned are indeed factors. I added two more factors.
Quote:Now, incidentally, that's not true either. I can fairly confidently say KC has never ridiculed someone for being Christian. So there's that.
There's that straw man, as I didn't say "for being a."

Typically the two main factors are evolution and gay rights. If a Christian accepts those, he's generally accepted by atheists for the most part.
14-03-2014, 11:03 AM
(14-03-2014 11:01 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  The rest of your sentence was "join in with atheists to ridicule other Christians".
No, the rest of my sentence was, "and you join in with atheists to ridicule other Christians, account for much more of your acceptance." More of course indicates that I accept that the items he mentioned are indeed factors. I added two more factors.
Quote:Now, incidentally, that's not true either. I can fairly confidently say KC has never ridiculed someone for being Christian. So there's that.
There's that straw man, as I didn't say "for being a."

Typically the two main factors are evolution and gay rights. If a Christian accepts those, he's generally accepted by atheists for the most part.

Yup and if they reject them they are uneducated bigots so there is that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-03-2014, 11:04 AM
(14-03-2014 10:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 10:17 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Me being an admin has nothing to do with. Laughat

Laugh out load Clap Banana_zorro Big Grin

Good one. You should go on the road with material like that. Thumbsup

I have a serious question. Why do you come here?

I mean, I don't go to christian or catholic forums and tell them they're all crazy and try to debate them or to show them their own errors and hypocrisy.

What is it with religious people who come here, never engage anything other than debates on theism (or politics but only as they relate to their theism) and rarely miss a chance to proselytize?

I don't know you, or anything about you. I just see how you treat atheists and if you don't like us -- because it seems you don't, why come here at all?

KC fits in here because he can focus on the areas we do have in common and will engage us in conversation that hasn't a thing to do with belief. He can bridge the gap and remind us that not all theists are painted with the same brush. If he had only kept to debating and engaging atheists on their alleged flaws, then I doubt he'd ever been made a mod to begin with.

So where are those discussions that you, lion, savedwheat, or any others have begun to find that common ground? Have you participated in any discussions about food? Sports? Music? Literature? Gardening? I honestly don't know if you have...That's why I'm asking. You can't or any other theist who comes here be that one dimensional?

Or do you just keep those areas where you can shout and tell people they're wrong and then complain that people gang up on you with negative rep?

This this this this ^^^^^

How many people here know I have grandbabies, enjoy sarcasm, movie watching and possess amazing boobs? Like everybody Wink (LOL) I've shared a lot about myself personally. I'm a mothering sort and like helping in weird ways (like bad cough) when I can.......
Point being --- there's MORE to me than the fact that I am a non-believer/bordering on atheist. I didn't join here to only take pot-shots at Christians simply because christianity failed me so utterly. I didn't join here to be all proud and loud about paganism. I joined to talk with other reasoning people who could help me clean out some cobwebs where belief is concerned.
The occasional genuine, religious individual I actually enjoy speaking with. People with something stuck in their butt - Not so much. I am far from perfect and willing to accept that others here are going to be far from perfect. No worries. I don't expect people to be perfect.

I do, however, expect them to TRY. And those who won't try regardless of how much time or suggestions is poured onto them are just trolls after a while in my book. Fucking trolls........ and Chas and others have every right to be bothered by that.

It's like having someone you didn't invite walk through your door and start messing with your house.
K........... you decided Fine they can stay, Fine even that they're not very nice.....
weird.......but ok.......... You made the Open Door Policy - check!

but when they start breaking the furniture and complaining that the house is cold or there's not the sort of snacks THEY want to eat, or worse yet......screaming or whining at the dog or children or grandma or your favorite cousins......

then yanno what? GTFO

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-03-2014, 11:06 AM
(14-03-2014 10:50 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  The majority of them, yes. Think about that one, genius. If I were an atheist hellbent on debating christians, a self-labeled atheist forum is the last place I would go to in search of opponents. I would head towards where christians hang out.
Every atheist forum I've been to has Christians hanging out there, and it's a lot easier to take them on on your home turf.
Quote:The very traits that you are so keen on knocking us for
With the exception of kc, I wasn't knocking you guys, I was merely stating things as I've seen them.
Quote:are generally the ones that you are displaying yourself. You're quite good at self deception though, so I don't hold out any hope of you actually getting that any time soon.
What's the evidence of the self deception? People have said I'm arrogant and a dick in this thread and I haven't denied it. You're reading in things which just aren't there.
14-03-2014, 11:06 AM
(14-03-2014 11:01 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Typically the two main factors are evolution and gay rights. If a Christian accepts those, he's generally accepted by the human race for the most part.

fixt

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
14-03-2014, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2014 11:12 AM by rampant.a.i..)
Trolls and Forum Quality
(14-03-2014 09:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  In related news, I don't know why the fuck some peeps toss Alpha and Lion into the same bin as MM. Undecided

Funny thing is, a buncha atheists say they know indoctrination, yet get all uppity when one defends rape as a result of indoctrination.

Which is it, mofos? Do we tolerate and encourage the anti-indoctrination process or do we just ridicule and counter troll?

That's right... there is no we... there is only

In what world is it OK for someone to be a rape apologist because they believe it's ok?

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
14-03-2014, 11:08 AM
(14-03-2014 11:01 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Typically the two main factors are evolution and gay rights. If a Christian accepts those, he's generally accepted by atheists for the most part.

Goddamn you're stupid.
THOSE TWO THINGS are NOT what makes KC a great person.

FCUK

(where's that cold water?)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.