Trolls and Forum Quality

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
14-03-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: Trolls and Forum Quality
(14-03-2014 11:08 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 11:01 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Typically the two main factors are evolution and gay rights. If a Christian accepts those, he's generally accepted by atheists for the most part.

Goddamn you're stupid.
THOSE TWO THINGS is NOT what makes KC a great person.

FCUK

(where's that cold water?)

No Witchy but they are reasons why alpha is such a bad one.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-03-2014, 11:12 AM
(14-03-2014 10:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I have a serious question. Why do you come here?
Mostly because I like to argue. Partially to see what the latest arguments are so that if I encounter them IRL I've already thought them through.
Quote:I mean, I don't go to christian or catholic forums and tell them they're all crazy and try to debate them or to show them their own errors and hypocrisy.

What is it with religious people who come here, never engage anything other than debates on theism (or politics but only as they relate to their theism) and rarely miss a chance to proselytize?

I don't know you, or anything about you.
Yeah, that's pretty apparent. You're mostly projecting a stereotype onto me.
Quote:KC fits in here because he can focus on the areas we do have in common and will engage us in conversation that hasn't a thing to do with belief. He can bridge the gap and remind us that not all theists are painted with the same brush. If he had only kept to debating and engaging atheists on their alleged flaws, then I doubt he'd ever been made a mod to begin with.

So where are those discussions that you, lion, savedwheat, or any others have begun to find that common ground? Have you participated in any discussions about food? Sports? Music? Literature? Gardening? I honestly don't know if you have...That's why I'm asking. You can't or any other theist who comes here be that one dimensional?

Or do you just keep those areas where you can shout and tell people they're wrong and then complain that people gang up on you with negative rep?
I've participated in a few such threads, but for the most part, I have RL friends to discuss such things with. Don't you?
14-03-2014, 11:14 AM
........ and the problem wins again.

I'm out. Someone please PM me if this topic gets back on its rails.
14-03-2014, 11:19 AM
Trolls and Forum Quality
Alpha Male, if you don't want to be stereotyped, maybe you should change your username and stop making homophobic comments.

Any first year psych student can tell you why that's an hilarious combo, btw.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
14-03-2014, 11:20 AM
(14-03-2014 11:06 AM)alpha male Wrote:  Every atheist forum I've been to has Christians hanging out there, and it's a lot easier to take them on on your home turf.

This is true, however...

[Image: Point_missed.gif]

(14-03-2014 11:06 AM)alpha male Wrote:  What's the evidence of the self deception?

You're not new here, so I'll spare the obvious reply.

(14-03-2014 11:06 AM)alpha male Wrote:  People have said I'm arrogant and a dick in this thread and I haven't denied it.

Good for you.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-03-2014, 11:20 AM
(14-03-2014 11:14 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ........ and the problem wins again.
Yes, very interestingly in a thread on trolling, the admin trolled me and I was happy to take it up. Again, go figure! Blink
14-03-2014, 11:22 AM
(14-03-2014 11:19 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Alpha Male, if you don't want to be stereotyped, maybe you should change your username and stop making homophobic comments.

Any first year psych student can tell you why that's an hilarious combo, btw.
If I had respect for first year psych students I'd bother thinking that through...but I don't.
14-03-2014, 11:27 AM
(14-03-2014 10:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I do not believe more rules, more policy is the answer.

Neither do I. We've got all the rules we need.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-03-2014, 11:29 AM
[Image: Point_missed.gif]

sooooo STEALING.

I do sooo love you some days.........like today. Big Grin

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
14-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Trolls and Forum Quality
(14-03-2014 11:20 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(14-03-2014 11:14 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  ........ and the problem wins again.
Yes, very interestingly in a thread on trolling, the admin trolled me and I was happy to take it up. Again, go figure! Blink

Yeah, it's persecution. Has nothing to do with the garbage you're typing.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post