Trolls neg-repping

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Trolls neg-repping
So how bout this as an idea - When idiotic know-it-all teens (or anyone any age, actually) comes in here and starts trolling, throw a special flag on them that labels them as a troll, so that when they give negative reputation to those forum members who do contribute, their troll flag converts it to positive reputation instead.

No, don't block their ability to give negative rep. I'm proud of getting neg-repped by these losers. It's a badge of honor. They come in here to troll, post their idiotic crap, I soundly refute their crap, they can't overturn my refutation, so they resort to name calling and neg-repping.

I win.

Except, my reputation does actually go down. So while I'm proud to have defeated the troll (in what was admittedly an unfair battle of wits since he was unarmed), I am admittedly a little irritated to lose the rep.

I want that badge of honor to stay there, proudly proclaiming my victory over the trolls, but it seems I should gain reputation for it (or XP, or gold, or Orcrist, Glamdring, and Sting which are the penultimate reward for defeating trolls) instead of losing reputation.

Just a thought. A rambling thought.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2013, 04:45 AM
RE: Trolls neg-repping
It's just a kid, don't let it get to ya. Looks like hobbitgirl was kind enough to add back the rep you lost. In the end, rep won't get you banned as there is no rules against having bad rep. There's no one here who is going to immediately assume that because you pissed off a young kid that you're a bad person. Well, at least, I won't assume that.

Anyway, you're groovy in my book, don't let people get to ya too much online Wink
09-01-2013, 04:50 AM
Jesus! He is on the dumb side. And I thought he was just trying to be funny and was actually feeling sorry for him getting mocked so much...

Gotta hand it to Muffs, though. He has a nose for these things.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-01-2013, 04:53 AM
(09-01-2013 04:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  Jesus! He is on the dumb side. And I thought he was just trying to be funny and was actually feeling sorry for him getting mocked so much...

Muffs is to trolls as hogs are to a truffle in the forest. Except that pigs enjoy eating the truffles, and muffs enjoys stomping on them..... Very much.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
09-01-2013, 04:57 AM
(09-01-2013 04:53 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 04:50 AM)Vera Wrote:  Jesus! He is on the dumb side. And I thought he was just trying to be funny and was actually feeling sorry for him getting mocked so much...

Muffs is to trolls as hogs are to a truffle in the forest. Except that pigs enjoy eating the truffles, and muffs enjoys stomping on them..... Very much.
Apparently truffles scent is an aphrodisiac to pigs.......I hope its not the same for muffs Blink

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
09-01-2013, 04:58 AM
(09-01-2013 04:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 04:53 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Muffs is to trolls as hogs are to a truffle in the forest. Except that pigs enjoy eating the truffles, and muffs enjoys stomping on them..... Very much.
Apparently truffles scent is an aphrodisiac to pigs.......I hope its not the same for muffs Blink
I didn't know that. Consider I wonder if that's why he's always humping someone's leg.
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
09-01-2013, 05:05 AM
(09-01-2013 04:58 AM)Logisch Wrote:  
(09-01-2013 04:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Apparently truffles scent is an aphrodisiac to pigs.......I hope its not the same for muffs Blink
I didn't know that. Consider I wonder if that's why he's always humping someone's leg.
You need a newspaper Logisch?

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
09-01-2013, 05:24 AM
All this talk of truffles reminds me of the very first story I wrote at uni. About a tree that wanted to be a truffle... Rolleyes

09-01-2013, 05:53 AM
AW: Trolls neg-repping
To paraphrase HoC: "Rep is crap either way."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
09-01-2013, 06:00 AM
And so is childishness. Plus - it stinks up the place [Image: Stinky.gif]

I miss Johnny...

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Trolls and Forum Quality Dark Phoenix 282 3,570 15-03-2014 08:36 PM
Last Post: Anjele
  Don't hate on the trolls proplayer44 3 101 12-03-2014 09:53 AM
Last Post: Stark Raving
  Repping Seth cufflink 14 621 14-01-2013 03:41 PM
Last Post: Chas
Exclamation I call for more repping powers for regular members Magoo 40 1,324 08-01-2013 04:23 PM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl