Trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2018, 12:01 PM
RE: Trolls
(20-02-2018 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-02-2018 11:27 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  New (relatively) guy admitted to being disgusting and shown himself a whiner but that's not the same as being troll. Still, ban for him would not be a net loss for forum.

He has just blamed us for any inevitable means needed to follow through with his desires.

No loss if he gets lost.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was on Mom's buddy list. Drinking Beverage

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2018, 12:08 PM
(20-02-2018 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  ...
Dunno which others you find troubling...

Girlyman.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Girlyman.

Yes

[+] 8 users Like DLJ's post
20-02-2018, 12:11 PM
And: BINGO!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
20-02-2018, 12:29 PM
(20-02-2018 12:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-02-2018 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  He has just blamed us for any inevitable means needed to follow through with his desires.

No loss if he gets lost.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was on Mom's buddy list. Drinking Beverage

No way :barf:*

*Yes, I know what it means.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-02-2018, 02:14 AM
If an ignorant troll pisses you off, put 'em on ignore. Ah, for the good old days of usenet. Not only could you set up a kill file, but some software allowed you to kill file replies to said troll.

“It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.”
― Harry G. Frankfurt, On Bullshit

Cheerful Charlie
21-02-2018, 03:50 AM
I agree with the point Chas raises. People who engage in puerile and persistent trollish behaviour should definitely—at the very least—wear a temporary ban IMHO.

Apart from being an irritant—like a nighttime mozzie in your bedroom—their bullshit adds page after page of worthless drivel to threads they "attack". I sometimes come back after a day away, and find another 25 pages added to a thread, with most of the comments either from the troll, and/or people telling them to fuck off. But seldom addressing the topic itself.

Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-02-2018, 05:31 AM
Unfortunately the trolls get a disproportionate amount of attention. If they were mostly ignored, I'm sure they'd get bored and leave.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
21-02-2018, 05:42 AM
(21-02-2018 05:31 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Unfortunately the trolls get a disproportionate amount of attention. If they were mostly ignored, I'm sure they'd get bored and leave.
True, but some folks love to play with them. I put those people in the prototroll bucket.

One thing to remember about trolls and the like, nobody can piss you off unless you give them permission to do so.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
21-02-2018, 06:24 AM
(21-02-2018 03:50 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I agree with the point Chas raises. People who engage in puerile and persistent trollish behaviour should definitely—at the very least—wear a temporary ban IMHO.

Apart from being an irritant—like a nighttime mozzie in your bedroom—their bullshit adds page after page of worthless drivel to threads they "attack". I sometimes come back after a day away, and find another 25 pages added to a thread, with most of the comments either from the troll, and/or people telling them to fuck off. But seldom addressing the topic itself.

Angry

Yeah I've seen the tendency of people to just shit on a thread if things don't go their way. With name calling and inane comments that derail the entire thing.
They aren't Troll's really. But it does cause things to spiral into a debate about what people said rather than the topic. And often the thread ends up locked.

[Image: barfly_condenados_pelo_vicio.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
21-02-2018, 06:48 AM
(20-02-2018 11:18 AM)Dom Wrote:  He ruffles my feathers sometimes, but overall it saves me from having to go look at Breitbart to see their take on current events.

I never felt the compulsion to look at Bretbart anyway. Other than to debunk one of their stories if someone reports them as true.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]